Some channels still unstable after test line trial

aevo79

Hi all,
like a few other people on here i`m trying to breathe a bit more life into my kryptview A780 box. I do intend on upgrading to one of the newer boxes when I manage to get some money together but until then I want to try and get it set back up and running.
I followed all the instructions on here and flashed my box with the latest firmware and i`ve trialed a couple of lines. Both had all the channels but one was better than the other. However even the better line had issues with some of the channels such as ss1 and BT1. The scrambled or no signal message came up intermitantly but too much for it to just live with. Is this something that has to be accepted or are there lines that work perfectly and you just have to find them?
Thanks in advance.

IF your using MGcmd.list alter your line to use CCcam.cfg (I had same issue on a V5s, changing line to CCcam cleared all channels)

Thanks for the responses.
It's a short direct cable into router.
I'll try the Ccam with the better line provider before I try any other lines and I'll let you know how I go on.

Hi
Im the same i had tested a few lines and most up to now had the same problem freeze or can't decode or stop start on certain channels. (a little bit to often for my liken) I had checked all my connection as some said it much be that !! and that it's the kryptview it's self???. But to get round the problem of it been the kryptview i tried the lines in a dm800se box also different cams from mgcamd to CCcam . In between then i have been informed by respected members that most are cache servers or re sellers.And also to keep looking for a better line. Suppose it like the rest of us you just have to keep trying untill you/we find one we happy enough with an price suits.That's what's good about tests just a pity they mostly 24hr only.

4th_gen

The boxes are flakey,* but considering how much they cost (long ago for most), and the cheapness of lines, is it worth getting rid and buying something new?

IMHO, no it's not.

*me and my brothers boxes for eg: 2 identical boxes, ordered from same supplier and delivered on the same day, one has never picked up SS3 or (when it was alive) BBC3 and one or two others.
He brought his box to try on my connection (I could watch the aforementioned channels) and it couldn't find them, factory reset and new splitters made no difference whatsoever.
So yes, they're flakey, but they still do (mostly) what we want them to do.(y)

I've updated to the new firmware on A780. Tried several lines (cheap and expensive), tried scanning with 4 other nearby areas but no matter what can't get BT sport 1 to work without frequent scrambling. Everything else seems ok. As I only use this box for footy is it time to look at a different box? ...unless somebody can enlighten me! Thanks!

But it's not scrambled permanently. Sky one is like this for me but only on certain days, I've had two bad days and five good days out of the past seven, but bt 1 & 2 are fine. I can't see the point in paying over the odds for a line when they're all virtually the same as you have found, so if i were you, I'd get a cheapo line and wait until the footy season starts and see then what the viewing is like, if crap, bin it and pay out for a new box, if OK, you've saved a few quid

does anybody read whats posted about the kv boxes?

CAN ONLY USE NLINES

.what about your cabling and splitter in use old and faulty?

I can't agree more Pabloescaban especially as the A780 isn't HD - should be on a par with satellite subs for this box. Uncannily, BT1 been pretty much ok today apart from few scrambles, was watchable. I'm thinking maybe alot of users on the server maybe yesterday (Sunday)?

---------- Post Merged at 11:28 PM ----------

does anybody read whats posted about the kv boxes?

CAN ONLY USE NLINES

.what about your cabling and splitter in use old and faulty?

Been using newcamd lines. If cabling and splitter old and faulty wouldn't the problem be on all channels and not specific ones? Why is it a lot better today compared to yesterday? I don't mind buying new ones but just curious. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
Back