Someone attempts to send me file via bluetooth

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
OK this is a strange one, someone keeps attempting to send me the same file via bluetooth but it fails.

This happened to me a while back, I then noticed it happened a couple of weeks ago, and again today it's showing up as two attempts.

Every time it's the same file, 'rumseyholidayhomes.gif' apparently from RumseyHolidayHomes but doing a quick google they are in Dorset, I am in the Midlands so can't see it being them trying to bluetooth a file to me. it only happens when I am out. I am sure the first time, earlier this year I was on holiday abroad. but was the same filename.

I googled the file name and all that comes up is a couple of sites mentioning the company itself.

Unless I am being stalked, I can't understand where it's coming from, any idea's

It may be part of an email or text message that someone sent you or part of a Web page you once tried to open and this fragment is still trying to land

Could it be a virus or malware?
yea but it only appears now and again when out, had it happen twice in past fortnight but then nothing since earlier in the year.

It may be part of an email or text message that someone sent you or part of a Web page you once tried to open and this fragment is still trying to land
but it's a bluetooth transfer (failed), I have bluetooth on all the time but really only use it when connecting to my car.

yea but it only appears now and again when out, had it happen twice in past fortnight but then nothing since earlier in the year.

but it's a bluetooth transfer (failed), I have bluetooth on all the time but really only use it when connecting to my car.
I'm not well up on Bluetooth but does it scan for other connected devices? If it finds one that has that file, and your phone 'needs' it to complete a download, could this be what's happening?

You might want to purge temp files and offline pages etc to see if that makes any difference.

You could turn it off and just turn it back on when you're using the car.

Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select “Apps"
  3. Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
  4. Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
  5. Select Storage.
  6. Tap Clear Cache.
  7. Go back.
  8. Finally restart the phone.

Clear Bluetooth Cache – Android
  1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select “Apps"
  3. Display system apps (you may need to either swipe left/right or choose from the menu in the top right corner)
  4. Select Bluetooth from the now larger list of Applications.
  5. Select Storage.
  6. Tap Clear Cache.
  7. Go back.
  8. Finally restart the phone.
Done, will see if that stops it
Does it turn your Bluetooth on also or does the message appear when you turn it on
my bluetooth is on all the time

Any luck?
It's happened once since my last update, it appears to happen when I am on/near an office building on local business park, only there for a few seconds as well drop;ping the wife off for work. I thought it may be some kind of BT scanner that automatically sends the file when it detects a new BT device in the area but my wife doesn't get anything. Might just make her walk to work if I need the car LOL

It's happened once since my last update, it appears to happen when I am on/near an office building on local business park, only there for a few seconds as well drop;ping the wife off for work. I thought it may be some kind of BT scanner that automatically sends the file when it detects a new BT device in the area but my wife doesn't get anything. Might just make her walk to work if I need the car LOL
Have a look on here, unpair device maybe?
Connect through Bluetooth on your Android device - Android Help

Back