Sony andriod tv ?

Paulie57

Guys thinking of upgrading my tv , looking at the new Sony andriod range , just wandering has anyone got one , can kodi be installed on them , and if so can they run kodi as good as andriod boxes .....

To be fair the premium you pay on some android tvs just isn't worth it. You're better off just getting something like an amazon fire tv, at least this way you'll get updates etc.

Cheers mbath , have kodi running well on my android box, just my curiosity checking out these andriod tvs , and are they as good combined as say seperatly andriod box and tv , are you saying kodi does not update on andriod tvs ?

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

ihave a sony andriod 4k
and i do love it

it bout it of gumtree for 300 for a 2015 49

dont really use the 4k, the odd slowmo guys but that it is
the andriod i like
plex is great youtube is really good

i was looking at a Philips in argos, dont think it would be half the tv as this

I think you can my concern would be the operating system. For example my Pioneer plasma is about 10 years old but it's not an issue because I can add new boxes etc when there any major improvements

Silver , do you have kodi setup on it , and does it run similar to say andriod boxes as in watching a film in exedus without buffering ........

I have installed it and never used it as I don't use it
But I can try again if I get time

Marshmallow 6.0? came out today for it
Not over the air but on their site

Cheers silver , I'm just curious mate to know how it performs with the running of kodi ...

I got a Sony 49" 4k android TV and love it.
Kodi runs damn fast on it.
Did the upgrade to android 6.0.1 marshmallow yesterday on it over the air.

The main menu has changed a bit and things seem slightly faster too.
Not really had much of a play yet.
It was odd that I didn't get a download notification but a new box came up on the home screen called TV software update that opens up some info pages in opera browser so went n checked and the update started downloading.
I'm guessing they are rolling the auto update slowly unless you check for it yourself

I was surprised when it was available to download straight away on my tv.
I keep meaning to setup our ps4 controller with the TV so I can have a go at playing some games on it

Great comments guys , picking up a lot of info on andriod tvs, keep it rolling lol

Might be worth holding out to see if the previous model of the nvidia shield gets reduced. Fantastic bit of kit and makes my "dumb" tv smart!

But Sony is a good tv, costs a bit more but worth every penny

No doubt

As mentioned previously the only downside of having android on a tv is upgrading the thing. Having it on an independent device means you can at least upgrade it without having to buy a new telly. Just out of curiosity how much RAM and ROM do these tellys tend to have?

Digital signal format system: DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T, DVB-T2

Really? Any chance you've tried it?

Back