Sound Issue on VU+ Solo2 - Wooshbuild V7

Nutty69

I have just flashed my Vu+ Solo2 with Wooshbuild v7 and something has gone wrong with the sound.

I use the solo through a Onkyo Amp TR-NX414 via HDMI, before I flashed the solo I had OpenVix the normal sound volume required on the amp would be around 30. Other equiptment plugged into the Onkyo also around 30. Now after the flash of WB the sound level needed from the solo is 50, no great problem but there is a distinctive difference in HD and SD channels I need the SD channel around 60 on the Onkyo for normal levels.

Thinking of going back to OpenVix but I am new to looking at IPTV and have assumed Wooshbuild is the best way to go.

Last edited:
I only use openvix as i dont need to stray,it might depend on images as settings may differ from one to one and not standard,solo2 removed and in place et8000 with optical.

cactikid, Thank you gave me the idea to use an optical lead the HD sound is back to normal on the Onkyo on about 30 volume but the SD still needs the Onkyo on about 50. Has anyone else got any ideas has got to be something to do with the audio decoding but this was never a problem in OpenVIX on the same receiver.

It back to OpenVix otherwise.

Our Vu+ Solo4k went tits too the other day and I have messed with the audio settings using the yellow button. That is with a clean openATV too, so not a WB thing which I first thought.

We run through a Logitech surround system via optical and it was so loud and the solo4k remote wouldn't turn it down. Messed with the options on the yellow button and now it is all back to normal. It did take a few goes but got there in the end. It does seem to be connected to the optical input / output and our HD is somewhat louder than SD.

I have no remote at present so can't tell you what my settings are sorry.

Thanks for all your help, I think I have solved it but not sure how, I logged into the VU+ over network there is a volume level on 50, cranked it to 100 all channels are now level with the Onkyo sitting nicely at 30. Bit of a head scratcher.

Just slightly off topic can I get the Vu+ to operate the Onkyo Volume ?

Back