Cable Splitting for router and box??

rossymike

Im planning on buying zgemma h2h box..I have live broadband from virgin but not Tv..my router is in another room from where zgemma and tv will be..My plan is to run coax from incoming virgin silver box to room with tv and zgemma box, relocate router to same room, which will also be good in that room for cctv hard drive and splitting there to feed router and zgemma box..will this work or any other ideas? new to all this so any help is appreciated..thanks in advance Mike

That's how mine is split. Line comes into the house and I've put a 4-way 5-1000 splitter in which feeds the router and my boxes.

thanks for help, so if i nip into my local tv/aerial shop and pick up a 2 way splitter all is good? or do i need certain type?

I only know that the 5-1000 one works. I got the info on here somewhere, probably dsayers2014's cable thread.
Not sure if the sat ones would work or not, they seem to be advertised separately.

Forgive my ignorance as I am new to this but when I split my cable connection the speed dropped from 200meg to around 20meg, hard connection. I was using a 2 way splitter though 5-2450mhz. Is this the reason why and would a 5-1000mhz result in less of a drop?

I'm not. I tried an ebay 5-2450 and was wondering if i purchased a 5-1000 it would yield better results as in my d/l speed. It drops from 200meg to about 20 on the 5-2450 splitter, so thats no good lol.

Last edited:
Back