Cable Splitting

That's the wrong splitter, you need a tratec one.

5-1000 MHz

94b662f393cadcfda4818c3b8bf6e0d7.jpg

Some people have reported using the splitter you have bought but I would buy the one VM uses to rule out any potential issues.

Last edited:
Hmmm, sounds like you may have an issue somewhere, have you checked your cables are prepared properly.
I can send you a splitter if you pay the postage.

Even when I wire back to the old configuration ie without splitter. The hub doesn't appear to initialise correctly.

I'll happily pay for the splitter and p&p. However, the fact that the line isn't initialising without the splitter itself...Maybe I've caused a short in the local area with the 5-2400?

I wouldn't of thought you have done any damage anywhere.
Power everything back up and call VM they should be able to see if there's any issues on your system

I've given them a call. They said I need an engineer...Next available is 30th.

Shall I leave the wiring and say that's how it was? I have a spare virgin media housing that I can put around it.

wrong splitters on both counts tratec 5-1000mhz as stated is best,power off router/hub for 5 mins then on sometimes things need a reboot .

Just put it back to how it was.
The engineers are fine. Maybe get them to split your cable and set up for you. Just tell them you have a virgin HD box that you want to use for free view.

Last edited:
The VM engineer should have one - ask him nicely and buy him a drink!!! If not, I got mine on the auction site - dangerous has already offered to send you one if you cover the postage too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@dangerous has sent me one. It still does not work. It seems the upstream doesn't establish as soon as I connect the splitter. My internet has been down for days now. I've reconnected hard line, they can see the router but it doesn't seem to want to do anything useful. Engineer is booked for 30th.....Which seems ages away

Back