SS IPTV vs Smart IPTV

dangerous

TK Veteran
Anyone used either of these apps on the smart TV.
Looking for some pointers to getting the best out of one of these apps. I can see there's different ways of using your list. I am currently trialling a small list of channels that I have uploaded direct to the TV, is this the best way or would it be better to use a link to store the channel list elsewhere like a drop box Account.
I want it to perform fast and smooth so need to know any good tips.
I notice the app is quicker on different TVs, is there a way of increasing memory size for the buffer? Would using a memory stick help?
Or is this as good as you will get out of your TV ?

Hi mate firstly I will say am like you new to IPTV, Tried a few lists from online sources to see how it all works. (Some noobie answers am afraid. :))

I use the LG smart TV app, It costs 5.49 Euros if you decide you like the app you can purchase the app after you get a weeks trial of using it.

You can upload a list online, I used a m3u list you can also upload an url list so presumably that will need to be online stored someone for your app to retrieve it.
Everything works fine, No real issues to talk about.
Also am out in sticks get about 30gb download and buffering no issues, Not even took any of that into account. Not sure on the glitch/freeze like you get in CS but everything picture wise is really nice. No glitching at all for me?
Menu is straight forward on my TV, And I get majority of the EPG for a day,(Some foreign channels don,t have it?) Not got EPG for a week just daily?

Has for the SS IPTV I didn't like it so went with the Smart IPTV app?

Will say from my research the lists work in loads of different boxes/apps/Kodi and many other ways.
Hope that helps Chris.

Last edited:
Currently trying out both apps, but I'm finding it it's a little slow on the TV I want to use it on.
Only loaded in 9 Channels for a test
Will update later ;-)

Currently trying out both apps, but I'm finding it it's a little slow on the TV I want to use it on.
Only loaded in 9 Channels for a test
Will update later ;-)

No problems with channels here, Never found any issues with lists. More than likely the list/place your getting them maybe.
I will PM you and maybe you can take it from there with someone?

EDIT:I think I may be ok with this link, I know the site doesn,t like you using them.
http://siptv.eu/howto/lg/

Last edited:
I have just put a MU3 list which I created, which is a mixture or sat and cable channels (only 9) to stream from my lounge receiver to my kitchen TV. Internal playlist .
It's very hit and miss at the moment, some channels clear some dont, then the picture freezes. Can't work out why my TV struggles with such a small playlist.

I have just put a MU3 list which I created, which is a mixture or sat and cable channels (only 9) to stream from my lounge receiver to my kitchen TV. Internal playlist .
It's very hit and miss at the moment, some channels clear some dont, then the picture freezes. Can't work out why my TV struggles with such a small playlist.

Not sure on that. Simply could be the way list is uploaded.
The link I gave might help with the how/to to get things working for you.

i got smart iptv only recently and got 24 hour trial sub free from fleabay to try and im very impressed lots of channels from different countries plus loads of movies and tv series you just send mac address of app to seller and hey presto instant channels and very easy checked ppv channel and its showing wrestling not sure if its the same one for the big fight though

Update, some channels stream after a bit of a pause (buffering)
Some channels won't stream.
I think it's this particular model, must have a slow processor or something.
Tried two different high end receivers and both IPTV apps.
Tried both formats for Channel list MU3 and .Txt
So my conclusion is to carry on using my receiver as it's all to painfully slow.
On my LG TV it works great so the Samsung doesn't like this job. [emoji6]

I wouldn't mind but it's only 9 Channels I'm trying to stream, save me having a receiver in my kitchen [emoji23]

Aye, it's a just a waste of a receiver for 9 Channels that the Mrs wants to watch lol.
But if it takes more than a milli second to change channel she won't be happy [emoji23]

It's very hit and miss at the moment, some channels clear some dont, then the picture freezes. Can't work out why my TV struggles with such a small playlist.[/QUOTE
Update, some channels stream after a bit of a pause (buffering)
Some channels won't stream.
I think it's this particular model, must have a slow processor or something.
Tried two different high end receivers and both IPTV apps.
Tried both formats for Channel list MU3 and .Txt
So my conclusion is to carry on using my receiver as it's all to painfully slow.
On my LG TV it works great so the Samsung doesn't like this job. [emoji6]

I wouldn't mind but it's only 9 Channels I'm trying to stream, save me having a receiver in my kitchen [emoji23]

You connected via ethernet as i had troubles over wifi even though i have 150mbs had to use ethernet via tplink upstairs though and no issues

smart-samsung-tv.jpg

This Smart IPTV? i'm using that myself atm and the size of the file shouldnt matter as its all done on their website.

When did you find out about the charge for it? i've only just seen it on the website but it says nothing about it on the store i got it from?? I download it from the foxxum app store on my hisense. been working ok though

Back