Staffy training

malcassy

Hi can anyone please shed some light on how to stop a dog from constantly pulling when walking on a lead.
Have a staffy dog which is approx 5 years old and she just will not walk nicely constantly pulling.
Tried different training leads and harnesses, making my life a misery.
Thanks

My pup pulled when he was on collar but as soon as I put him in a harness he stopped pulling straight away! Only thing I can suggest is when she starts pulling stop and make her sit, when she's calm set off again if she pulls again stop her again and make her sit! This method will take some time and patience but it will work.

one method that works quite well is to get her a choke chain collar and when she wants to pull give a sharp pull back on the leash and say heel.this is going to have to be repeated many many times but it works.thank the dog whisperer for that one.lol.

Thanks for comments.

Have been trying the sit everytime she pulls for quite some time without to much success.
Always amazes me how excited she gets.
Love her to bits but she can be a real pain in the backside..

That's staffys for ya mate big soft lumps haha, the website I sent you is full of good info and people who will help! ;-)

Thanks for comments.

Have been trying the sit everytime she pulls for quite some time without to much success.
Always amazes me how excited she gets.
Love her to bits but she can be a real pain in the backside..

arent they all? i have a neighbor with a huge staffy pitbull cross and it is truly hilarious watching the dog walk him.lol

If you get the harness that goes over the face so every time she pulls it turns her head worked for me

Back