Start fresh

Stu Smith

Hey guys got a vu+ solo 2, got a lot of junk on it and want a fresh start.
Do I simply factory reset or can I just use a usb and add whatever and that will give me a fresh build.

Love the look of the Freesat skin and am eager to start learning from all you's wise girls & boys, so if at all possible could anyone point me in the right direction to get this receiver up and running, Hope this is posted in the right place and thanks in advance everyone

Hey guys got a vu+ solo 2, got a lot of junk on it and want a fresh start.
Do I simply factory reset or can I just use a usb and add whatever and that will give me a fresh build.

Love the look of the Freesat skin and am eager to start learning from all you's wise girls & boys, so if at all possible could anyone point me in the right direction to get this receiver up and running, Hope this is posted in the right place and thanks in advance everyone

Never do a factory reset on the box - it does more harm than good.
what are you using, or intending to use the box for?
you can flash a new build to it and that will be like a blank canvas

Never do a factory reset on the box - it does more harm than good.
what are you using, or intending to use the box for?
you can flash a new build to it and that will be like a blank canvas
That's all I am after, like I said seems to be a lot of stuff on their, just want to start from scratch and see where it takes me

if you let us know what you want to use it for, then a few suggestions might be possible as to what to flash onto the box.
do you use it for sat?
IPTV?
Cable?
all three?

At least making your own image you can add what plugins you want or need, takes longer but once set up to how you like the box to be much better I think. Once you have done it mate don't forget to backup image.

All 3 matey, thanks

If you go to the Downloads section at the top of this page, all the builds and other resources are in there.
Download the one that suits your needs and box and follow the instructions on the download page for flashing, you don't need to factory reset the box first as flashing will remove all unwanted stuff

if you want to learn as you go then you could flash with the base image, OpenATV or openVIX and then add the skin and plugins that you want/need. It all depends on what you know/want to know.

If you go to the Downloads section at the top of this page, all the builds and other resources are in there.
Download the one that suits your needs and box and follow the instructions on the download page for flashing, you don't need to factory reset the box first as flashing will remove all unwanted stuff
Do I need to unzip the file before flashing it in to my vu, thanks

That's great done it, now try and sort my iptv is there something on here that could help, not quite sure where to find things yet on here, cheers guys absolute legends

Cheers fellas getting there just waiting for my iptv provider to get back to me regards a line for my vu+, if they do it and if I have understood it correctly

click on forum link at top of page and scroll down and you will find the IPTV section, not to hard really.

Back