StarView 7 Box Settings after firmware installation

Hi,

I have downloaded the firmware version CARLING-1.03.ups. The question is, what settings do I change in order to receive ALL CHANNELS. Eg. will I need to change any type of frequency settings? WIll someone be able to send me th elink to an easy guide to follow to fully setup my box?

Any help/suggestions is appriciated.

Thanks,
D

When your posting or looking for help check dates, the first and last post in this thread is 02/02/2011 (things change quickly round here)

simless when you download the FW, you have to un zip it before you put it on usb

The Firmware you need is >>>>>>>> http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=199

have a look at instructions below

To unzip you can use winrar which you will find in downloads, link >>>>>>>>>>>> WinRar - Downloads - TechKings

There is also a Vid in there that explains how to use winrar

Unrar (unzip)
Move it to your usb pen
install
restart
do a factory reset
scan for channel in your area
when channel scan complete
go to a channel and type 1819
wait a few minutes and connection should be established

Last edited:
Hi guys. Newbie here. Hoping someone can help. I had the Carling firmware installed no problem previously before the issues. Now I've followed all the instructions to install the new firmware. All I can pick up though is three channels (CH3012, Discovery HD and Eurosport HD). Even tried the 1819 on one of these and left it for 30 mins. Tried installing with and without the ethernet cable. Tried rebooting the router. Tried rebooting the box. Tried all possible options I can think of but it still only finds these three channels. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lawman147
I take it that your box is a HD box and if it is the "showmustgoon" software is not for the HD box but rather for the normal Starview 7
Just continue to wait and TheKiddy will bring out a software for the HD box

have you read the tuts that go with the firmware,also have you factory reset and auto scanned from direct feed and without lan inserted,did you get a long list of channels?

Sorry for my ignorance but what are the tuts?
I have factory reset, and without lan inserted. Just still picks up the three channels and nothing else.

Yeah. In frustration I have tried all possible provider codes just to make sure I wasn't being a complete idiot. Everything I do I still only get the CH3012, Euro HD and Disc HD though. That's it.
I checked the readme file and every other forum or comments left by others and tried every possible way of installing, factory resets and search procedures. No combination I try can get me more than those three channels. And the two HD channels obviously don't work. Which leaves me only being able to see the CH3012 which is just VM help channel.

Also tried firmware from other sources in case I had a corrupt version. Still the same. :-( Some forums do detail the install procedure slightly differently though. The readme file with the firmware from here actually says to install from the USB and then do a factory reset. Surely the factory reset should come first?

I`ve always used this forum for help with my cable boxes & have never been let down. Thanks to all at tk btw (y)

I think if you follow what anto1969 posted above you should be sorted. Install the firmware, then factory reset & scan?

lawman147
it sounds like you have a bad connection , check your cable wire , make sure there are no splitters or anything else just the cable wire from brown box outside straight to your box , make sure all connectors are tight , and then scan again

for scanning for channels is does not matter what firmware is on box to scan to pick them up,where are you based i presume uk? do you pay for a tv sub or just broadband as if you were disconnected you wont get any channels to scan,double check system info do you see showmustgoon in there.for scanning go to the main junction box where your coaxial cable comes from and scan from there,factory reset first and lan removed.

LEGEND
ive done it before but not with the supporter i just couldnt find it on teckers or i would of been on ages ago what a waste of me life!!!

Back