Stbemu vs mag box?

scrfta

I've been using stbemu for a few months now and it seems to be the best way for me to get iptv. Whilst I am happy with the setup as it is I just wanted to know from people that have used both, the pros and cons?

Are dedicated boxes faster than stbemu? Are there any other advantages to a dedicated box?

I bought a MAG but didn't like it as much as the firetv stick. My mag kept crashing all the time and always needed to be turned in and off again and again.

I prefer the easier navigation on the mag but that has been fixed in the firetv stick with basic remote

I use both, I have a mag 256 and a quad core android with STb Emu. In my opinion the mag is very slightly quicker at loading up but thats about it. I have found them both very reliable, and as to picture quality might be my eyes, but they seem the same. I have had the mag about 9 months and it has never crashed, the android stb emu has crashed a couple of times but thats probably over a similar time scale so nothing to speak of. The big difference for me is the versatility of the android as I have a cheap netflix (fleabay) account, terrarium and showbox + when using the last two of these I have a vpn. I don't need a vpn with either of my subs but thats at the moment, things may change. Its a lot cheaper and easier to have a vpn on individual devices if and when required than investing in a router fast enough to have a vpn installed as you would need for the mag.
In short given my personal experience I would not buy another mag, I would want something with more versatility as you get with the latest android devices. Its your own preference, if its purely for iptv the mag is fine.

Thanks guys.

If there are no real advantages to a mag box, & it sounds like there are possibly disadvantages to them, then I'll keep to my firestick.

It works fine for me, I have a decent provider, various apps for other stuff such as terrarium etc and the only real issue I have is having to switch between the remote and phone apps for complete functionality. Not a major issue though.

I know some people on here will disagree with me as they have different experiences and preferences, however those are my thoughts on the subject. Not much between them, iptv marginally better on the mag but as I prefer versatility I come down in favour of a decent android but I respect the opposite viewpoint.

I Prefer mag boxes (256,322 ) to firestick emulators as I have had a few issues with emulators, nothing major but still issues that you have to sort out ,yet never had any problem with mag boxes.

The hardware and software on a magbox is designed for iptv i personally have a mag 322. STBEMU is a emulator designed to mimic a magbox although it looks the same it is not. STBEMU will work fine most of the time but it will be prone to crashing and as far as i am aware it dose not automatically reload your channels.

Stb emu imitates a mag box the mag box has its own firmware that's why stb is known as set top box emulator

I get that but you can't run multiple/different MACs on a Mag unlike STBEMU hence the reason I asked

you could try the smart iptv portal for the mag,It says on there web page you can add multi external lists,you get a 5 day trial before you need to pay to have a play around,I picked a mag 256/257 up from the bootsale last week and found siptv works better than the built in player.

Since my last post on this thread (August 2018) I have stopped using my Mag 256 and use a firestick and 2 android boxes. Reason?, entirely due to requiring a vpn. I am aware of the various options including a router with vpn but my own personal choice is a vpn installed on each device, obviously not possible with a mag.

Back