Satellite Stop box writing over file

siilver

TK Veteran
is there any command or telnet way of stopping the box writing over a file

im trying something out but i cant find a way of making a file not get wrote over after i have edited it

running atv6.2

other option would be to create a copy of the file and have a script running that checks the modification time of the file and if it's newer than the copy you made copy it back over. not the cleanest of options though:)

Should I ask what file it is?

What are you trying to stop the box overwriting?
What is overwriting it? Software updates?

You can have a script that will copy your file back on every reboot if it's software updates that are overwriting it.

other option would be to create a copy of the file and have a script running that checks the modification time of the file and if it's newer than the copy you made copy it back over. not the cleanest of options though:)

Should I ask what file it is?

of course you can ask lol

right i have two boxs (h7 and h5.2tc) the h5.2tc is set to be a slave box for bouquets. so i use channels importer pluging to bring the bouquets from the h7 to the h5.2tc
but now i have multi lnb setup only on the h7 at the min and i have other bouquets that are not good on the h5.2tc, but the channels importer brings them in to

so i was looking to mod the bouquets.tv to not show the new bouquets, only show the ones i needed

i take it just need to setup abm and the likes
just wanted to try something

as i wouldnt go out and mess with the sat dish on a sunday

Maybe use Remote channel stream converter plugin then you can choose what bouquets get imported.

To edit the bouquets.tv file are you stopping enigma2 before editing?

Talnet init 4

do your edits then talnet init 3 to restart enigma2

Last edited:
What’s Talnet init 4

Oh would it be like the timers file

You need to do a force kill, for the file to take?
Worth a go

on the h52tc what happens if you delete the bouquets you dont want (tv button and then menu -> remove entry) does channel importer ignore that and replace them?

What’s Talnet init 4

Worth a go

Yes, editing most files in etc/enigma2 you need to put enigma2 to sleep as the info is in cache or something like that lol someone maybe able to explain better.

I don't understand why you want to delete some of the bouquets?
You should be able to watch anything in the bouquets on the H5 by streaming from the H7.
I've got an Octagon SF8 in the back of the garage with no tuners enabled. Just power, TV and network.
I can watch anything on it that I can watch on the main box.

What’s Talnet init 4

Worth a go
if you are editing filles in telnet (putty) then changes you make in most cases are overwritten again by egnigma at some point, ie if you manually edit settings file while enigma2 is running when the gui or box is next restarted your changes will be lost.

However if you stop enigma before editing the file your changes are kept., in putty use the following commands

to stop enigma2
Code:
init 4

to start enigma2 (After you've made changes)
Code:
init 3

My second box has its own feed, when I set it up. I was lazy and messing with iptv, so any changes made on the main box would head over to the second box

I was looking to see if it could be done with out abm running.
Just something to keep me busy

But il try the above to see where that gets me
But might end up goInk back to abm

Just thinking I have changed the order of the bouquets in the bouquets.tv with out problems

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if ATV is the same but on ViX Client Mode you don't have to do anything on the client box.
It just pulls bouquets and epg from the main box.

Back