Strange boot problem

dundeepeh

hi. I flashed my h2s box with the latest wooshbuild and all was fine. Now after it was switched off and restarted the problem started. The box starts up with boot on the front panel with the red light, then turns to green. It does not count up to 100 though, boot stays on the panel, the strange thing is it all loads up and I get a picture and all the channels but there is no sound. I have tried flashing different images but still the same. Only boot show on screen . Hope some can help

Will send you the info I got 100% works mine back up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Would you be able to send me the same info
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be able to send me the same info
Thanks
You do realise that @djsx 's post, you quoted, is from June 2016 ?

What images have you flashed (successfully) and are they all resulting in the EXACT same ie.BOOT on LED display, picture and no sound?
Good one alright, if they are.

The audio issue could be something as simple as a dodgy HDMI (assuming the use of one) cable but the display could be/is another issue.

Yes I can read , so what if it’s 2years old ,this is what the forum is about. Helping people. I have read plenty of posts on the subject , but none of them have helped me. If you don’t have anything constructive to say, I would stay quiet

I have flashed open atv, open pli, openspa and wooshbuild 7 . All with the same result. Like I said when it reboots there is no counter on the display screen, just the boot logo . It does load and I get all the channels ,epg etc but no sound

OK, lets try and rule out the audio problem just being a HDMI cable problem, though you haven't said you are using one.
Can you connect the audio out phono's to the TV or try another cable, whichever is easiest?

I would think it is starting to look like a faulty box, but if you can at all, try using the phono outputs, just to rule out a problem with the HDMI port.
I'm sure you have turned up the volume fully on the box, don't laugh, but it has happened on the forum before.

A lot of people do not see or observe the date of posts and therefore are somewhat peeved when they do not receive a reply from the quoted poster.

I was simply drawing your attention to it being an old post and do not appreciate your aggressive reply, and there was me trying to help !
And as you know I was also trying to help you in the thread you started, or at least I was, until I read this.

I would like to apologise about my reply, it has been a long day trying to solve my problem. To answer your question I have tried another hdmi cable ,but still the same no sound

Don't worry about it, forgotten.

Are you saying you want to call it a day and have a go at it again tomorrow, if so, not a problem.

Tried a set of phono leads now have sound hooray, still have boot showing on the video display though , but not too bothered

Dont multi post your problems, allow people to help you in one place.
Threads merged, thats why it looks a little odd

Tried a set of phono leads now have sound hooray, still have boot showing on the video display though , but not too bothered

Ok, so it looks like there is a problem with the HDMI setup so. There is a setting within openATV for changing the front display, not at my box now, so cant direct you to it, but not too hard to find.
You could try that and see if you can alter the display.

Ok, so it looks like there is a problem with the HDMI setup so. There is a setting within openATV for changing the front display, not at my box now, so cant direct you to it, but not too hard to find.
You could try that and see if you can alter the display.
Will give it a try tomorrow, had enough of it to day

Is the hdmi port ok on your tv as I have had a couple of these go down.Is there another port on the tv you can try or try another tv.

This is almost certainly the HDMI lead or the HDMI port...if you've tried it on a 2nd TV then it points towards the lead or HDMI port on the ZG, not the TV

This is almost certainly the HDMI lead or the HDMI port...if you've tried it on a 2nd TV then it points towards the lead or HDMI port on the ZG, not the TV
It must be the port on the box, tried different cables . I get a picture ,but no sound. Also ‘boot’ still on the display

It must be the port on the box, tried different cables . I get a picture ,but no sound. Also ‘boot’ still on the display

So even after it's booted up, if you use phono cables, you can get audio and video but the box still says 'boot' on the front display?
is there any usb attached? - try removing it and rebooting at socket to see if it makes any difference

Back