Strange DM500s LNB/Antenna problem

Cian500

Hi, I brought my first DM500s today, I spent the last month researching and I thought I knew exactly what I needed to do but instead I have a problem. I cannott get the coxal cable to fit into the LNB input or output at the back of the box. I literally had a working sky box which I removed, in the back of that I had 2 antenna cables (1 for my areal and another from the sky dish) and neither of them will fit because they are to big. I was thinking i could remove the head of the cables which would just leave the wire and insert that but it doesnt seem right. The middle part of each wire is to big for the small holes in the dreambox.
The weirdest part is tho even tho my Dreambox even says DM500s on the front, the 2 connections on the back for the wires are labeled "Ant" for antenna input and output, this is how a DM500-C/T should be labeled for cable, and a DM500s should be labeled as LNB for satellite. Its almost like i have a DM500s made for cable.
Thought this was interesting but maybe im just making a stupid mistake, any advice welcome.

hi you need a RG6 Aerial Female Connector for TV Sattelite Cable it fits on the end of the black/white cable

thanks i had a look there, you dont mean my black/white component cables do u because they are fine. Would it just work as like an adaptor or so i strip the original head off? thanks for the quick response btw

Back