Strange Problem / Query / Softcam Issue?

slimmy46

Hi All,
First thanks for looking in,
ok first - iv'e been on this issue since 3pm Sunday, experiencing freezing on channels, i was advised to do a reflash, which i did to another image, i'll be honest it scared the crap outta me as navigating around was somewhat different to what i was used to (OpenATV V2) I Think, so i reflashed again back to the image i had (Mikey B OpenATV 6.1 Build v2) Managed to get my line back on all good so far!
Now selected my Cam 1 - (CCcam 2.3.0) and selected green to restart, it does exactly the same, after 10 - 15 secs it freezes, However if you select a Normal tv channel it'll work continuously, no freezing / other?
Am i missing something here?? prior to my original flash i upgraded the Cccam 2.3.0 to Cccam 2.3.2 (Blue button as advised in another post) but to no avail it just did the same thing, this is on Cable, and i just can't get my nut around it, i'm going insane in the membrane here, any tips, advice (constructive please) i'd love to get it sorted, please help / advise i'm going out of my mind, thanks in advance
Best regards

Hi All,
First thanks for looking in,
ok first - iv'e been on this issue since 3pm Sunday, experiencing freezing on channels, i was advised to do a reflash, which i did to another image, i'll be honest it scared the crap outta me as navigating around was somewhat different to what i was used to (OpenATV V2) I Think, so i reflashed again back to the image i had (Mikey B OpenATV 6.1 Build v2) Managed to get my line back on all good so far!
Now selected my Cam 1 - (CCcam 2.3.0) and selected green to restart, it does exactly the same, after 10 - 15 secs it freezes, However if you select a Normal tv channel it'll work continuously, no freezing / other?
Am i missing something here?? prior to my original flash i upgraded the Cccam 2.3.0 to Cccam 2.3.2 (Blue button as advised in another post) but to no avail it just did the same thing, this is on Cable, and i just can't get my nut around it, i'm going insane in the membrane here, any tips, advice (constructive please) i'd love to get it sorted, please help / advise i'm going out of my mind, thanks in advance
Best regards

Calm down spider.
Firstly, i would take any advice given by someone who's just fell off the turnip truck with a pinch of salt.
There's nothing to be scared of in flashing a new build/image - you can flash these sunzabitches twice a day for 5 years and not harm the box. if you've tried newer images and tried the line and it's the same. then it's probably the line, ask for a test line in the request thread and see if it's any different.
If it's not, it could be your softcam, but seeing as you've tried that and not seen a change, then there's a possibility it's the signal from the router.
CCcam2.3.2 is for 4k boxes not your box, try an older version before you go any further

Pabloescaban,
Thank you for getting back to me it is appreciated, I think thats my next port of call to see if i can try another line, it's weird, it just started happening, you can view normal channels, but anything in HD or Paid it just locks up and Freezes, you switch to another channel and it's great for 10-15 secs and then the same again, it does seem to me that its a softcam issue, i'm unsure which version to install, any advice please on which would be ok to try?

What i would check also how old is your cables and quality of splitter in use<rebooting box and router can help clearing bugs stored.
Any outside issue with vm posted?

Hi Cactikid, thank for the info, i tried all of the above as a priority, and new it was ok, i have tried an alternative line, and it's been faultless, so even though i was being told it wasn't my line and it appeared fine, it wasn't, not happy really as i've done a complete reflash, lost all my settings, and my set up for nothing, not to mention the time wasted today trying process of elimination.

Any time you reflash its always best to have a copy of your line and cfg file saved on your desktop so even if your box craps out you still have a copy to send back to box.Desktop folder named zgemma and a date so you know it was installed.If you had a hdd installed one can make an image backup to save before reflashing.

Any time you reflash its always best to have a copy of your line and cfg file saved on your desktop so even if your box craps out you still have a copy to send back to box.Desktop folder named zgemma and a date so you know it was installed.If you had a hdd installed one can make an image backup to save before reflashing.
Hi Cacti Kid, thanks for the info and your help, can I take a back up via ftp?
Basically go in through pc and copy the files manually, or is it advised using the back up facility on the box with USB / HDD? To back up?

Ok, just so i got this right, would i have to create the back up first?
With the remote on the box, then find the directory via ftp and copy to desktop, if so, is there or should I say do you have instructions to do that if that is the case? ie Menu/Settings/ thus creating a back up, and then where ever it is created to, ie HDD/etc.. copy this?

Ok, just so i got this right, would i have to create the back up first?
With the remote on the box, then find the directory via ftp and copy to desktop, if so, is there or should I say do you have instructions to do that if that is the case? ie Menu/Settings/ thus creating a back up, and then where ever it is created to, ie HDD/etc.. copy this?

congratulations on posting the most confusing post of the decade.
If you are using a C or N line, it goes in CCcam.cfg and you restart the CCcam2.3.0 softcam to load the line.
If you are using a CWS = line, it goes in newcamd.list file and you restart the mgcamd 1.38 softcam to load the line - whether using vix or oatv.
The only thing you need to know is whether you're using openatv or openvix, and even then, this only comes into play if you have a C: or N: line, this goes in etc folder on that build.
if opentav, they all go in usr/keys folder

congratulations on posting the most confusing post of the decade.
If you are using a C or N line, it goes in CCcam.cfg and you restart the CCcam2.3.0 softcam to load the line.
If you are using a CWS = line, it goes in newcamd.list file and you restart the mgcamd 1.38 softcam to load the line - whether using vix or oatv.
The only thing you need to know is whether you're using openatv or openvix, and even then, this only comes into play if you have a C: or N: line, this goes in etc folder on that build.
if opentav, they all go in usr/keys folder
Pabloescaban Apologies for the confusing post, i'm trying hard here to grasp it all, i've created a full image and backed up via remote - Menu/Set up/software management/backup-image then went in ftp and copied, it's now on my desktop - Zgemma Folder, i'm using openatv
I have a back up also of my line do i copy all files from usr/keys folder? - list of files in this directory / folder are:-
CCcam - (got this already)
CCcam.cfg.sample_221
CCcam.cfg.sample_230
cccamd.list
mg_cfg
newcamd.list
oscam.ccache
oscam.srvid2
peer.cfg.example.mg
It's all new to me and still learning, think what i was trying to understand was do i have to copy the above list and save as back up on pc? Or are these default files (other than the line / Cccam) that are generated after a re-flash, which in turn are replaced when a back up is created on the box via remote, is that a little clearer? I'm not the best at wording stuff.
Rgds

You can copy the entire folder to your PC, then after reflash, copy/paste all the files in that folder into usr/keys, thus saving your line, whether it's in newcamd.list or cccam.cfg

People use both methods, either make a back up through the menus on your box to a usb stick.

Or just use filezilla and back up your line details.

I just keep a copy of my line details on the desktop of my PC.

So as mentioned above you just need a copy of

CCcam.cfg

or a copy of

Newcamd.list plus mg_cfg

the files can be found in USR/Keys for OpenATV images.

You can copy the entire folder to your PC, then after reflash, copy/paste all the files in that folder into usr/keys, thus saving your line, whether it's in newcamd.list or cccam.cfg
Copied entire "keys" folder and saving that on PC that way if i do a reflash again with same image i can just replace the keys folder with the one backed up from pc
Many Thanks :(y):

Back