1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange sky problem

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by bigwicker, Jun 15, 2016.

1. bigwicker

bigwicker Registered

My friend has a zgemma H.2S, at his house he can only get FTA and some pay channels, Premire, Setanta,Box nation. But can't get any sky ones, it says SNR 0%, where as on the others I mentioned he gets 80%+. I thought I'd bring it home, to test on my dish and cables, all channels work fine, every channel. I can't workout what would be causing this, I'm guessing it's not his internet as he can get the mentioned channels plus IPTV, but when I bring it home it all works fine. Any help would be really appreciated.

2. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

Dish alignment i would say its a little of slight movement either direction till you pick up missing channels

3. bigwicker

bigwicker Registered

What I was thinking, the day it started going wrong, he had gardner in cutting hedge, the dish is next to hedge, so I'm guessing it was knocked slightly.

4. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

That will be it mate slight tweek either side one inside checking and shouting will solve it.

5. bigwicker

bigwicker Registered

Many thanks for the help, always appreciated.

6. alcable

alcable TK Veteran

on most boxes u get a signal meter in settings do it old school 1 moving dish 1 shouts when signal goes up