Success in setting up Dsayers2014 image....a few more questions

cs4me

Hi guys,

I just thought I'd let you know that last night I managed to setup the dual-tuner (sly & vm) image that dsayers2014 has created/posted. It's working great! (Thanks dsayers mate...your a legend!)

I found the vm & sly skins to be a tad slower, so I went with metrix 2.1 skin.
I even managed to plugin a 32gb microsd card to the back of the usb port and it's currently used a hard drive (y)

Now I have a few more questions that I would really appreciate help with:-

• Is there a way to change the colours and fonts of the metrix skin
  • The 32gb microsd card used as a hdd is only temporary as I'd like to replace it with a much larger 1gb or 2tb hard drive to record movies, so:-
    • Can the zgemma fit an internal hdd or is it external only?
    • What type can it accept? 2.5" or 3.5"?
    • What's the max acceptable size?
    • I'm afraid to disconnect the 32gb microsd card hdd, so how do I replace it without messing up the image?
  • How do I backup the image to a separate usb stick and will this backup the nline info too?
  • I've already pin-protected menu options and hidden the adult bouquets using auto bouquet maker, but is it possible to select only certain plugins to be accessible without having to unlock the whole thing?
  • How can I clear a pin if it's been entered incorrectly 3 times?

Thanks very much again for your help and support - Special thank you to dsayers2014.

Last edited:
For the matrix skin you'll be best leaving it as it is

For harddrive external only
I haven't seen a limit I've seen others use a 1tb hard drive

When it comes to replacing it turn off swapfile switch off box remove sd card and insert hard drive then follow the steps for setting up hdd

For a full backup blue button software manager, complete backup chosse hdd once done ftp media/hdd/full backup ftp the whole zgemma folder to pc then you can put it on a usb.
Not sure about pins I don't use them

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There's a plugin called MyMetrix that changes things in the skin like fonts and weather location, colours etc.

Cheers guys!

@ dsayers - I read on your guide that a swapfile wasn't needed for newer boxes, so I left that out, so I assume I can simply remove the usb stick/microsd card straight after switching box off?

@ Willo - Thanks mate for that...just what I needed.

If these boxes are similar to the older dboxes, then I'm sure there is a config file which holds the pin or a way to disable it as otherwise the image would be useless if a user got accidentally locked out.

What about the size of the hard drive? Can it fit them internally and can it be a 3.5"?

Also I forgot to ask, but can we get:-

1. On-demand stuff like bbc iplayer or channel 4?
2. Basic games

External hard drive only doesn't matter about the size.

The pin I can't remember what file its called but its in etc or etc/enigma2

For on demand the closest youll get is iptvplayer watchseries

Right thats great, I'll check it out mate, thanks.

Would you know if we can get:-

1. On-demand stuff like bbc iplayer or channel 4?
2. Basic games like tetris or something?

No there was a bbc i player plugin nocking about but I don't think it was any good

It's an enigma2 box for watching tv not playing games lol

No there was a bbc i player plugin nocking about but I don't think it was any good

It's an enigma2 box for watching tv not playing games lol

ROFL HAHAHA! Your right, but the slower dbox2, surprisingly could play games like tetris, lemmings, solitaire, pac-man, snake:-

spiele1.jpgspiele5.gifspiele2.jpgspiele7.gifspiele10.gifscreenshot.jpg

Dbox are different plus closed source. You could have a look about but I don't think e2boxes have games

Afternoon everyone.

Is it possible to password protect everything, but give access ONLY to certain plugins?

I want to block as much as possible from kids, but just give them access to say iptv.

Also can iptv stream live channels? If so, how?

You can press green for extentions and iptv player is there just go to the other plugins that show in extensions and change show in extensions to no.

For live streams you'll be best with a paid iptv sub

but i've password protected the plugins option because otherwise kids would install just about everything, lol.

Sorry but I thought you pinned plugins not extentions so I thought you might still be able to access them via extentions. Haven't used pin service so I'm not sure how it works lol

The pin service allows you to block plugins and this way I can stop family or kids accidentally installing unnecessary plugins or accessing those that I don't want them to see. The problem with this is that the pin service simply blocks all the plugins without allowing the option of exceptions. So I was hoping there would be a way around this.

Anyway I've just realised that I can get plex (dreamplex) on this! This is great, because I currently use plex on my pc. The question is, how do I add channels to this?

Back