Swap memory stick

hopper

Hi

Came across this problem tonight
I changed my memory stick from 16gb to 32gb, and went to Initialise the new memory stick
It would not allow me to do this as time shift was running or something like that.

I could not find where to stop time shift ? so I rebooted the box but got the same result.
In the end I reflashed the box from scratch.

What is the correct way to install a new memory stick.

BTW can I use the front memory stick for recording and the back usb for a wifi dongle.

Thanks

make sure you format the new usb stick to fat32 then just copy all the stuff from your old usb stick to the new one and this should work. I use the back usb to record on my zgemma h.2s did not no there was a wifi dongle for zgemma box ?

Fat32 is only for formating

stick your new drive in, then initialize it. You may need to swap your items you had going to drive just incase they look for the old drive and not go to the new one. It may matter if the name

if you wanted you could copy the stuff over on the box it self. Stick the old one in the front and copy the, over. Just take a While

you might be able to place them in a computer and just copy them.

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for reply but my problem seems I cannot initialize the memory as time shift is running and accessing the memory
I need to know is there a way to stop time shift

Thanks

after initializing & creating swap file you will need to check its mounted correctly, it is likely to have been a mount issues that caused your problem.

Last edited:
Back