Terrestrial TV on H2S

Willo3092

VIP Member
Basically I wanted to know if the ZG would work with an aerial.
I haven't got a H2H to experiment with so I bit the bullet and bought a HMP-Combo DVB T2-C Hybrid USB Tuner and plugged it into the H2S to try it and I'm happy to report that it works perfectly.
A manual scan created a 'Last Scanned' bouquet which I have renamed 'Terrestrial' so I've now got 3 tuners to play with and a full EPG.

BTW the tuner I bought was a HMP-Combo DVB T2-C Hybrid USB Tuner from here if anyone is thinking of getting one. Uses the same driver as the Optimuss opticombo one that zgemma uk used to stock.

DVB-T device info.jpgDVB-T service info.jpg

DVB-T EPG bouquet.jpgDVB-T recording.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work,
I have a h2h at the moment, cannot pick up any channels! have my aerial plugged into the cable tuner then do a manual scan, no channels found hmmm is there any sittings you are choosing when doing the manual scan?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forget that Needed to change the tuner to Terrestrial lol

Last edited:
I'm quite pleased with it, used a redundant aerial to pick up another bouquet with freeview HD channels and can pause, rewind and record etc...boom! Off to work now!

EPG Terrestrial.jpg

Agreed,
However All the channels are a mess in my bouquet, did you manually sort out the order of them?

When you enable a DVB-T2 tuner isn't there an option to enable Freeview in autobouquetsmaker? This would sort your channel order & I'm sure there used to be....

When you enable a DVB-T2 tuner isn't there an option to enable Freeview in autobouquetsmaker? This would sort your channel order & I'm sure there used to be....

Nice one mate, I'd forgotten about ABM as I only use ABM E2 normally.
I've tried it and it does allow you to do a Freeview only scan and generates a full set of Freeview bouquets, thanks mate.

Freeview Bouquets.jpg

I live in the East Midlands and it's the name of the transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. In my case it's Belmont because, although it's miles away from where I live, I get a better signal than from the Nottingham transmitter.
I don't get local news but I can use Sky for that.

I probably won't use this very much but was just interested in if it would work.
I'd heard people at work saying that there were 2 euro football matches on at exactly the same time but their missus didn't like football so they could only record one while they were watching something else.

I'm also interested in if it is possible to make a twin tuner freeview recorder from a H2H by adding an extra usb tuner because I know lots of people without Sky or cable who would love the functionality of a sky box without the monthly payout.

I'm also interested in if it is possible to make a twin tuner freeview recorder from a H2H by adding an extra usb tuner

If you add a usb hub you could have as many DVB-T2 tuners as you like - I think they'd each have to be a different chipset though to avoid issues with the drivers...

Just an update:
I have done a clean install of OpenATV on the H2S with only a 128GB microSD card and no external HDD or USB.
Set timeshift and recording to microSD and deleted the old epg.
Configured the network and downloaded ABM and the Opti-Combo driver, then deconfigured the network and disconnected the cable.
Set both sat tuners to 'not configured' and then configured the USB tuner as previously described.
Works perfectly! recording and timeshift work and a full 7 day epg with descriptions. (The EPG was the bit I was worried about as I didn't think it would work without network or satellite connections but it must just download through freeview).

I think Zgemma would make a fortune if they added a twin tuner freeview box to their range.

I tried to use a PCTV nanostick 290e but had no joy. Is there any special driver that is needed as the stick was not turning on? Where did you get your USB turner from?

I tried to use a PCTV nanostick 290e but had no joy. Is there any special driver that is needed as the stick was not turning on? Where did you get your USB turner from?

Did you look in menu, plugins, download plugins....drivers?

Can any1 please help iv got a zgemma H2H and it's just goes from 0-99 it keeps doing tht at box isn't responding at all

Guys for anyone in Ireland , works the same way I have dvb-t2 tuner set up with saerview Ariel and works great ........

Back