Terrestrial TV on H2S

I'm going to. Be using the Enigma2 client. Saves me having 2 boxes so I'll be using the Raspberry Pi. But I wanted Freeview and Freesat only because there are a few channels that are not on Freesat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So my current rig is:

Zgemma for Sat
Pi for DVB-T2.

On the Pi, you can setup a client server tv system called TVHeadend. It works okay. Timeshift is shit, compared to the zgemma, but recording works well. The big thing is, the picture quality destroys the zgemma, but in reality, the picture quality destroys any sat box, including Sky. You'll quickly realize that DVB-T2 is simply a better quality of picture. For one, HD is true 1080p at 50Hz, whereas Satellite is 1080i at 50Hz. Furthermore, the SD picture quality of T2 suffers less with smear etc.....

It's nice to have both.

So my current rig is:

Zgemma for Sat
Pi for DVB-T2.

On the Pi, you can setup a client server tv system called TVHeadend. It works okay. Timeshift is shit, compared to the zgemma, but recording works well. The big thing is, the picture quality destroys the zgemma, but in reality, the picture quality destroys any sat box, including Sky. You'll quickly realize that DVB-T2 is simply a better quality of picture. For one, HD is true 1080p at 50Hz, whereas Satellite is 1080i at 50Hz. Furthermore, the SD picture quality of T2 suffers less with smear etc.....

It's nice to have both.

I use the VU+ Enigma2 Client. It just saves me having two of these boxes. So the Zgemma H2 is going in the Server room connected to the network. I think it'll be more efficient than having 2 boxes I think.

I use the VU+ Enigma2 Client. It just saves me having two of these boxes. So the Zgemma H2 is going in the Server room connected to the network. I think it'll be more efficient than having 2 boxes I think.

Ok, let me get this straight the box is acting as the client, and then the signal is delivered through network right? My only issue with that is network utilisation.

Kinda. The box as a backend and kodi is the frontend. I've tested it on my iPhone, iPad also a Linux machine which is running OpenElec. It seems to work quite well. I also have a NAS so having it all in one place with TV, Movies, music will be a lot easier.

Kinda. The box as a backend and kodi is the frontend. I've tested it on my iPhone, iPad also a Linux machine which is running OpenElec. It seems to work quite well. I also have a NAS so having it all in one place with TV, Movies, music will be a lot easier.

Yeah, sounds a decent enough rig. It's probably tidier than my setup which is a mess :grin:

Yeah. Still setting it up. Not even finished yet [emoji23]. Hopefully it'll work pretty.

Yeah, sounds a decent enough rig. It's probably tidier than my setup which is a mess :grin:

After doing some tweaking. I've finished with the box just need to set kodi up [emoji4]

6114b1d8e12d49a377f63c5ef1e62de5.jpg

hey man, which tuner did you get and what driver did you install?
I had no luck when installing a plugin driver for a usb dvb-t tuner. Nothing I installed showed up on the tuner list. I got the tuner from freetv.ie and tried installing RTL 2832 USB DVB driver but it did not work

I had no luck when installing a plugin driver for a usb dvb-t tuner. Nothing I installed showed up on the tuner list. I got the tuner from freetv.ie and tried installing RTL 2832 USB DVB driver but it did not work

I've read through this thread, as I have similar need. I live in Ireland. I have a Zgemma H2S. I have a Saorview ready Samsung TV. Since I ditched Sly a while ago I've had UK FTA channels for a while now. I was now looking into getting the Irish Saorview channels. From what I can gather, the point of this DVT-T2 tuner into the back of the Zgemma H2S is that you will be able to have all channels on one remote, right? Also you would be able to record from the Saorview channels to the same HD as the Zgemma. The alternative is to connect the Saorview ariel into the back of the Saorview TV and use the TV remote instead, right? Also, by the sounds of it the tuner you got from freetv.ie didn't work?

I've read through this thread, as I have similar need. I live in Ireland. I have a Zgemma H2S. I have a Saorview ready Samsung TV. Since I ditched Sly a while ago I've had UK FTA channels for a while now. I was now looking into getting the Irish Saorview channels. From what I can gather, the point of this DVT-T2 tuner into the back of the Zgemma H2S is that you will be able to have all channels on one remote, right? Also you would be able to record from the Saorview channels to the same HD as the Zgemma. The alternative is to connect the Saorview ariel into the back of the Saorview TV and use the TV remote instead, right? Also, by the sounds of it the tuner you got from freetv.ie didn't work?

I dont have a saorview tv.. but even if I did its better to have both run from the zgemma as its 7 day epg is better.
I finally got the usb dvb-t tuner to work after restarting box

I dont have a saorview tv.. but even if I did its better to have both run from the zgemma as its 7 day epg is better.
Thanks, for the reply Bjf. So to just go through this again, you have, say, an outside Saorview ariel, which comes in through the wall into the back of the TV area via regular coaxial cable. You connect this into the new tuner (which you got from freetv.ie). This tuner is connected into the back of the ZGemma H2S via the Zgemma USB port. You tune in the Saorview channels via the Zgemma remote control (or is there a separate remote with the tuner?). Then the newly added Saorview channels are now located in a EPG Zgemma bouquet along with the other UK channel in the main 'Entertainment' bouquet (or else a separate bouquet for the Saorview channels?). Even with this new terrestrial tuner coming in via Zgemma USB - you still have two satellite feeds into the Zgmma an can still watch one sat channel whilst viewing another? Is this right? Also what make of tuner did you buy from freetv.ie? Thanks for any help.

Was there any trick to this. Are you using front USB or back USB or does it matter?
Mine won't work at the moment.

Back