The new zgemma models

Baz_doc

Can i ask what the difference is between the Twin Sat tuner H2S and a Combo Sat/Cable H2H?

Would a H2H allow you to record one and watch another like a twin tuner?

Hey all,

Can i ask what is the difference between an S2 and a H2? I ordered an S2 and the seller sent me a H2 in error. Im unsure what the difference is and it seems to work grand. I know the S2 has a twin tuner but does the H2 act as a twin tuner also if i use both my sat leads?

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to double post - you have started your own thread, so keep all your questions here.

2s has 2 satellite LND input, so can be used for watching and recording.
H2H Comdo has 2 tuners but 1 is for satellite and the other for Virgin Media. You can still watch and record but on different services.

Hope that help.

thanks for your reply Yumraaj! I have a H2 which ahs 2 satellite leads wired up to it and it seems to work fine.... would there be any advantage of me changing to an 2S? or would this one do my job ok? sorry as i dont know much about it

H2 or H2H? Which one have you got

Have you tried recording a channel and watching another?
So tuner A switches over to tuner B?
Does it still work now?

Last edited:
I think my current one is a H2.

I havent tried recording anything and watching another so i will try this tonight dangerous. Thanks for you help. It was an S2 i ordered but only found out its a H2 and didnt know the difference in the 2 models

If you have a H2 then it's a twin tuner which will play one channel whilst watching another channel, however you need a cable line and and sat line to do this.
You said you have two sat cables going into the back of the box and it's working fine. I'd check this out tonight as I would be amazed if it works (recording and watching another channel)
I would suggest changing the box to a 2S ( twin sat tuner) unless you have a live cable feed and a cable sub.

Hey dangerous, I'm just home and I tried to record one thing and watch another channel and it worked??? Is there anywhere in my settings that I can check the model? It defo says 2H on the front.... I'm confused

It's definitely the top one mate. Has the same back and in the menu it says 2S also but on the front it says 2H lol

must have had the incorrect wee door placed on it in the factory! Thanks for ur help least I know what I have now

Back