thin black line at top of screen?

bo11

can anyone tell me why i get this thin black line at top of screen?....
i initially thought it was specific to iptv.......
it`s not there on FTA channels if watching them live but it is there on FTA channel recordings,
i`ve just upgraded to vu+ solo2 from zgemma h2s but it was there on the zgemma as well,
i`ve no idea what could be causing it or if it`s fixable......thanks.

20171220_140032.jpg

Last edited:
sorted it if anyone see`s this post with similar problem.....
was an image "OSD position" setting that needed changing/moving right to the top.

sorted it if anyone see`s this post with similar problem.....
was an image "OSD position" setting that needed changing/moving right to the top.
You remember what you did to fix this? Having same issue but can’t find anything of OSD settings that change it

it's the up/down option....scroll down to that then use left/right arrows to move it....
it's in OSD "position" settings not OSD settings.

I had the same issue...had iptv working well on zgemma, willobuild openvix, then doing a test, had to add some script Pie TV? (avoid that!)...could not fully remove it afterwards...then got a great iptv server with working epg....but this thin black / blue stripe at top of screen in iptv mode appeared. Did a restore to an earlier back up point which fixed it....for a while. It came back on VOD streams....really annoying. Then next day it was back on ALL iptv. I think something to do with bouquet updates, maybe epg updates...a clash between old script and new provider plugin (using xtream editor). Tried deleting all bouquets and reloading....could not get rid of it.....Moving your OSD position / aspect ratio etc will only hide it and chop off the top of your picture...not a proper fix. I am now having to install Woosh and start all over again to see if I can get rid! Make sure you backup before you do any tests for IPTV!

the OSD position is something that is often missed when people flash from a backup, its one of the 1st screens you see when you assemble an image. The image builders TV screen size will most probably be different to the end user who flashes from a backup image & therefore the GUI screen should be resized to fit your TV size.
To resize to your GUI screen press: menu/setup/usage & GUI/Extended GUI/OSD position.... adjust the last 4 settings in the list via the direction pad, you want to aline the red line to the edges of the screen.

ive just sorted that problem when in osd settings gui/osd postion i just pressed defaults then save seems to have sorted mine i had the same issue

the OSD position is something that is often missed when people flash from a backup, its one of the 1st screens you see when you assemble an image. The image builders TV screen size will most probably be different to the end user who flashes from a backup image & therefore the GUI screen should be resized to fit your TV size.
To resize to your GUI screen press: menu/setup/usage & GUI/Extended GUI/OSD position.... adjust the last 4 settings in the list via the direction pad, you want to aline the red line to the edges of the screen.

This issue...thin blue stripe at top of screen...is not due to incorrect OSD position...it is only visible in IPTV streamimg...caused by software clash or something. You can hide it by cropping your OSD size...but it isn't fixing this issue which is a new thing...I believe due to code/script clashing when trying different plugins / bouquets / epg fixes or similar.

Moving your OSD position / aspect ratio etc will only hide it and chop off the top of your picture...not a proper fix. I am now having to install Woosh and start all over again to see if I can get rid! Make sure you backup before you do any tests for IPTV!

correct me if i`m wrong but i don`t think you actually lose any of the tv channel image,
it`s the GUI which is moved up which is over the top of the tv picture/image?....
i could of made myself look silly here lol as i`m not very savvy with this kind of thing and it was a long time ago i adjusted mine
but that`s how i rememder it.

ok sounds like something different then to what i had and originally posted about.
mine was the GUI as seemed to be the case for a few others.

in my case the stripe was at the top near provider logo...to lose the stripe you def lose some of the picture. It's a software bug and I'm still trying to fix it with a whole re-install....wipe hard drive etc etc...a real pain and a nasty little bug! As I say I was running a custom build (really nice one) by Willo....openvix...but am now switching to Wooshbuild to hopefully get rid of the stripe! I WILL be backing up early this time....before any iptv suppliers mess the box up again!! Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhh :-(

I doubt it is an image fault or it would have been addressed by the builder, a fresh/clean install without restoring settings should correct it, if as stated it only appears with IPTV I assume it occurs after people have tried several times to install IPTV with different providers rather than performing a clean install each time before adding IPTV

Last edited:
in my case the stripe was at the top near provider logo...

I remember having this exact issue when I used to use OpenVix. The line was blue if I was using a sky skin or black when using a dark skin but it was always there on IPTV. Despite the fact it didn't really hinder viewing, it was one of the contributing factors in moving to ATV, in fact all of the reasons I changed were related to how IPTV worked on Vix, it just wasn't for me. FWIW, I reflashed and re set up my Vix image a couple of times before ditching it, I just couldn't work out why it was happening but it kept on being an issue.

Fixed! Had to reflash the zgemma with wooshbuild... and initialise HDD (lost all my recordings!) Problem was openvix with too many updates / iptv tests. As BeakyFord says...always do a clean install or backup before adding iptv...lesson learned.

@scoobyjones1 Good to see you got it sorted... the original poster didnt say if they were using OpenVix firmware but others have commented they have had this issue with Vix, if it were firmware related surely forum posts would have been plentyful before now, to my mind the issue could have been in saved settings that were restored after flashing an image, this would explain how the OP had the issue on both a Zgemma & a VU+ Solo2. Initialising your USB cleared your saved settings.
I would recommend that anyone who installs an image makes a full backup before they install an IPTV subscription so you can quickly restore your box ready to try another IPTV provider without conflicts.

i had the black line problem using openatv 6.1 using infinty what i did was gui/osd postion i just pressed defaults then save sorted for me

Back