think my host is trying to rip me off

mattyboy

Ok here's the thing, I bought a zgemma box and the first person I gave my annual fee to was useless, so I bit the bullet and went with another person, now they were so helpful at the start. Now he has had his money he is trying to get more outta me, I woke up one morning and box wasn't working. He wanted 25 pounds to sort it out, and I said no way, I reflashed the box myself got it all working,

Now here is my main problem! My paid channels do not work and the gift won't load back on, he is trying to say it will cost 10 more pound for him to sort it out. And he can't do it to the end of the week, is there any way I can try sort this myself, p.s I've done every video on here and it doesn't load the gift, your man said something about he has to buy a partner code. So can anyone help and am I being ripped off

Last edited:
Your host appears to be looking for a holiday in the Bahamas, I suggest you bite the bullet and buy a new line on here

I might just do that. Just hate being messed about. My gift doesn't run out until April/May next year, two host in 9 months. Not good at all lol

I just don't see why you think your host should sort out your box for free. if your car broke down and you could not fix it yourself, then you would ring for a car mechanic who would charge you.

your host is only supplying a line, am sure he didn't say for the little sub you have paid him, that he would be there if you messed your box up for nothing.

Your line is probably a CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list file. Just ftp it to /usr/keys/ if you're on ATV and restart the cam.
Same for ViX apart from if it's CCcam.cfg it will need to go to /etc/.

Leader I don't expect anything for free, if I had been messing about with settings and stuff I would gladly pay it, my issue is I got up the next day and the box wouldn't even load up, I sorted that myself, but I paid him for 12 months so when that paid subscription stops working I do ecxpect him to fix it, I also know how to reload it back on but it just won't work, a straight forward problem for me has turned into a nightmare

---------- Post Merged at 08:02 PM ----------

Willow3092 done all that mate, thanks for the info all the same

Request a test line off here and see if you can get that to work (link in my sig). If it does, you know he's doing the old burglar alarm con.

It must be how I read your first post. you cannot get the line to transfer to the box or you have not added the mg_cfg file needed.

Can't get the gift to reload, neither can the man I got it off, I now have no paid channels, and he can't sort it til Thursday or Friday, I don't mind paying the money, but if I can do it myself I will be happy lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ----------

The line won't transfer to the box. It is a pretty easy thing to do, and nothing works, if the box is broke I don't mind buying a new one, just want to keep the kids happy lol,

have you tried rebooting your router aswell as the box, unplug everything from the wall to give everything a fresh connection

Can't get the gift to reload, neither can the man I got it off, I now have no paid channels, and he can't sort it til Thursday or Friday, I don't mind paying the money, but if I can do it myself I will be happy lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:21 PM ----------

The line won't transfer to the box. It is a pretty easy thing to do, and nothing works, if the box is broke I don't mind buying a new one, just want to keep the kids happy lol,

The guy you got the line from is definitely not got to server , he will be a reseller , always try and get the main guy I say

I bought a 36 month sub from a guy off ebay just over a year ago before I joined tk, for 6 months it was fine then it went off altogether so he sent me a new line which was terrible constantly freezing & going off, so I got a new one via a member of tk which has been spot on so i used the old one as a backup. When I tested it the other day it was dead again so out of interest & because it was supposed to be for 36 months I emailed him to tell him to which he replied that I would have to purchase a new line from him, yeah right mate you ripped me once you won't be doing so a second time.

I know, i didn't think it would last 6 months to be honest, I was getting my lines from a reliable source then thought i would try the cheap & cheerful option, never again.

Back