Thinking of Jumping Ship From KV ? What to do next !!

Right some nice person help me out, if I buy a mutant 500c, and I already have vm, does that mean I already have a n line x

You obviously know what your talking about bee. I've enquired about buying a miracle box mini. The seller says box comes as free view. ( just like my kv780 did) what do I need to do to this box to make it get all channels my kv 780 had. ( kv was easy to get and install firmware) is miracle box similar idea?

Right some nice person help me out, if I buy a mutant 500c, and I already have vm, does that mean I already have a n line x

No, an nline is something you purchase from a server supplier, it is the final part of the jigsaw.

You obviously know what your talking about bee. I've enquired about buying a miracle box mini. The seller says box comes as free view. ( just like my kv780 did) what do I need to do to this box to make it get all channels my kv 780 had. ( kv was easy to get and install firmware) is miracle box similar idea?

IF it is only freeview, you may have to put an image on it, (firmware) then buy an nline, which must be renewed every year(month, 3 months, six months, depending on how long you buy for)

So I buy the box with the openvix firmwear, (should I get any of the other things) and then just come on here to purchase a n line?

We are getting closer to the answers needed.... So is the nline the key to unlocking the channels?? And like Shaz has asked is it best to purchase the box with openvix installed. On wos they offer usb stick which I guess is needed for at least epg? What about the external hdd, Is that needed or only for recording?

Apologies I got too comfortable with the old kv780 style, I'm doing my best to research.

Shaz, what other things you mean??

Hoopz, Nline absolutely the key to it all, you buy a box, put an image on it(firmware) , then you can receive freeview. add a line you can get all the scrambled/paid channels.

USb/HDD is , as you suggest for EPG and Recording programmes.

At least you guys are doing a bit of research and asking decent questions, keep asking away guys , we are here to help.

My miraclebox is in my basket ready to hit the order button... Just need to select firmware?? Openvix? Egima? or OpenMB?

Help a lad out :butkiss:

My miraclebox is in my basket ready to hit the order button... Just need to select firmware?? Openvix? Egima? or OpenMB?

Help a lad out :butkiss:

OpenMB is specifically made for Miricaleboxes I use it and is is pretty decent, tbh it doesn't matter too much, because you can just reflash with a different firmware if you don't like it. honestly if you can setup a KV780 from scratch you will have no issues with flashing one of these at all.

Thanks Rise,

So whats the difference between openvix and openMB? Is it a visual thing or different layout or what?

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

It's ordered now with OpenMB.. should be easy enough to change. I'll let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all the help.

Any links for nline's and also for firmware in case I wanna change it.

The things in the drop boxes , usb storage , usb hard drives
I won't lead you astray, I haven't used their website in quite sometime, I don't have one of these boxes, but I will say that the HDD is only for recording programmes, any old Hdd will work if I am not mistaken, wait until someone else answers that specific part of your question.

Thanks Rise,

So whats the difference between openvix and openMB? Is it a visual thing or different layout or what?

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

It's ordered now with OpenMB.. should be easy enough to change. I'll let you all know how I get on. Thanks for all the help.

Any links for nline's and also for firmware in case I wanna change it.

It is visual more than anything mate. If you are going with the Virgin Media route then most skins/options on the firmware won't be of relevance to you anyway as they are usually geared towards sky cardsharing. Sky epg layout etc.

most sites even here use vix images if you read plenty of posts and tuts were for use with vix.
@wheelo some boxes can only use external usb hdd max 500gb and others can use internal hdd and one just needs to know the difference.
no room inside box [ too small ] will use usb hdd max 500gb
curious if portable or externally powered?

@cactikid - Hence my use of "I'm not going to lead you astray" "I don't have one" ,"if I am not mistaken", and finally "wait until someone else answers that specific part of your question".
pretty self explanatory I would have said.

curious if portable or externally powered?

They don't have one yet, wondering whether to get one or not from WOS for the Mutant 500c

No it won't effect your N line, the guides on here are for the "openvix" image
as that is generally the most popular, even the Zgemma crowd want it lol

So for anyone who is not familiar order a box pre-flashed with openvix if you want a guide to follow.

If you are familiar with what is required to set up any E2 type box then the image isn't that important, the menus
will just look different and there isn't any other guides about at the moment.

As for Hdd's as cactikid said, don't go too big, they are used for recording, if you don't record you won't need one.
The Hdd can also store the EPG.

If you only want to store the EPG a USB stick will do.

There is a guide here

and a request thread for lines, here

Important :Read post 1 before requesting

Also just to clarify E2 boxes can take a variety of "images" this is the equivalent of firmware.

The difference being firmware is usually written for a specific box by the box manufacture.

Last edited:
Hi been looking at various boxes any advice welcome but cant make up my mind between a miraclebox mini+hybrid or a mutant HD500c is there much differance between the two

Cheers Spans

Just a warning if you are going to use a Vix image on a Zgemma, Don't update any software via the box, you will brick it, Vix isn't officially supported on Zgemmas

Back