Thinking of Jumping Ship From KV ? What to do next !!

I've set up the sat version of the mutant, it's a very good box for the price.

Main difference between the two is it's got a plastic casing as opposed to metal casing and the remote doesn't look as good either.

It just looks a bit cheaper than the miraclebox mini, because it is !!! by £20 lol

Anyway the speed for the mutant is the same as my miraclebox combo and LX2 combo so it will work fine.
These where considered as very good boxes when they first come out about 18 months back and I have no intention of upgrading yet.

The new miraclebox mini has got a processor upgrade compared to older models, it is cheaper and faster than both of my boxes.

The speed mainly effects switching channels and the EPG when the box has been set up.

Things change all the time.

So it comes down to if you think the difference is worth £20 or not

Last edited:
@bees when you mention;
The server sends you a piece of code called a "line" , you put the line in your box and pay the server for keeping the channels clear

What is the cost you have to pay? Isn't it a matter of purchasing the box, getting it flashed with the FW and then use it?

UPDATE: Saw a similar question asked, guess the subs are part of the purchase of the box?

For once Javed, you really have me flummoxed, it is not like you not to have searched

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I quickly searched and then updated the post i made LOL - Barely on here these days, life has got me busy and growing white hair all before the age of 30! Yikes!

He is too busy whooping us on the footy betting lol

LOL i could do better. Glad there is no money involved. All fun and games.

Anyone thinking about jumping ship from KV I received my mutant box friday courtesy of world of sat which was a great experience fast delivery and set up with firmware on arrival (openvix) got it all setup with the help of many peoples contributions on this forum cant reccomend these boxs enough been blown away with it. If your put of because of the setup (as i was for a few weeks) dont the information on this forum makes it a breeze you'll be up and running in no time and if your not theres so many great people on here willing to help you. New to the forum but I plan to say.

would you have moved to a better box in hd a year ago when you have a better box than kv ever was?.more than happy with what you have chosen?

trying to teach other members with the 780 of how good the new year and box is.:yesno::bang head::bang head:

Can anyone recommend the VU+ Solo V2 as a cable box ?
Looks like I could use an existing 1Tb external HDD as a storage device, if I buy this model ....

v2 sounds like a clone giving it a wide birth is a better idea.

unless you mean this box?

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver =genuine receiver from wos

Last edited:
v2 sounds like a clone giving it a wide birth is a better idea.

unless you mean this box?

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver =genuine receiver from wos

Yes, that is the model and I am thinking of getting from wos . Shouldnt have a problem setting up if I ask for an Open ViX image, should i ?

Nice box, no mate you shouldn't have any problem, if you get stuck there is plenty of help about, dive in (y)

Mind blowing

Thanks...... seems like a very friendly and helpful lot of guys round here... (y)

Hi all

Currently still sitting tight waiting on KV. However, I am considering the old box as wanting to go to HD channels.

If running basic Virgin Media package, which box is the best option. Appreciate having to spend money etc, just having conflicting ideas after researching web. Think I have researched too much. Just want a box on VM which I can watch HD sky sports etc.

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Family of 3 KV boxes.

Paulie57 Does the mx111 need a line or is it a matter of loading the software from this site plug it in sit back and watch Leeds United:boo:

Hi to everyone on this forum

I am new to the world of cable/satellite boxes so please bare with me - i haven't had any type of box since the eurovox box many moons ago. Didn't buy a kryptview because set up scared me tbh

I would like to purchase 2 miracle box minis (one for me and one for a mate) and have several questions which i am hoping somebody would be kind enough to answer please:

Q1. I am using virgin media and my friend sky wifi, will the miracle box work for the both of us and what additional equipment aside from the box needs to purchased to complete set up and installation
Q2. Are there any step by step guides to setting up these boxes and if so could somebody please provide a link please
Q3. Finally is there anybody out there within the Birmingham region who is selling and installing these boxes with a yearly subscription- i would be more then happy to pay for both the boxes as well as the cost of installation - petrol money etc and yearly susbcription

I hope i haven't been too stupid with the above questions and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Im desperate to have a box set up and ready to go asap

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I am looking to replace the old Krptview 780 that I have. I didn't set this up myself as I purchased it through someone who no longer deals in boxes of any type.

I am in Manchester with a VM line coming into the house. I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on a decent box to go for?

Thanks

Guys.. not sure were this should be posted but like everyone my a780 been down along time. Im looking at the zgemma but what is the difference between the H1 and H2? Also do you set these boxes up the same way, as my friend set his H1 up and said it was hard work.

Any help would be great thanks.

Get youself the H2 combo, use the wooshbuild on here, seems to be the easiest and the guys put a lot of hard work into it, to make it as easy a set up as possible. Or you can use others, lots of members on here have taken the time to help others set up. Sucmnsee, mtpockets etc

Back