Thinking of upgrading my open box v8s to a vu duo 2

B19_ADZ

Thinking of upgrading my open box v8s to a vu duo 2 they sound quite technical though I have a server at present which is good how big a job is it to setup one of these boxes if I was to purchase one this week, also can you get the sky skin onto them? Any help is appreciated thanks

Yeah you can have a sky skin, but youll need to connect to the box (fxp for example) for adding your magic. I'm sure if you search there will be a few tutorials on here bud. Great site for helping folk get up and running.

The boxes do need some setting up but don't let that put you off. There's an idiots guide by bees on this site here

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

I went from a V8s and I had no idea what I was doing but these forums got me through it all. If you're thinking about taking the plunge, just go for it, you won't be disappointed. The boxes are in a different league from the openbox and you'll wonder why you didn't change over sooner. By the sounds of what others have been saying on the forums, buy from a reputable shop like World of Satellite and get it with openvix firmware installed which they will flash for you for free.

If you need any help setting up, we'll be happy to walk you through it. As for the sky skin etc, you can get that if you want to but there's plenty of others that you can get which, in my opinion, are better than the sky one.

I did the exact same as above, started with an F3 box, went to iboxes with the help of that tutorial too, now using Vu+ and xtrend boxes, its addictive lol

Back