Today's openvix update just killed my Edision OS Mini !

Well this is bad, I just selected to update today's openvix and reboot my box and it ended up stuck at the "please wait while your box updates" I left it for quite some time but it just stayed like that.

So I had no choice but to turn it off, and now It won't load up any more, the display just keeps loading up to 100 and starts all over again.

Any ideas how to fix please ?

it can depend what firmware was on box before as maybe the new update is not suitable and needs a total reflash,builds are changing and always best to have a read on wos home of vix if thinking of updating/upgrading.

It was the previous version I had on there, so the one on the openvix site now as they have not updated the web site yet.

but I think I know what caused the hang as I noticed my internet had gone all sluggish again while searching on the net for help and the last time this happened to me it was an update that that had got confused and was going in a loop. I think it was to do with the mgcam plugin 1.38.

I'm not 100% sure but I think while this is running it can cause the update to fail and in turn cause a dos attack on my internet.

so for now I am back using cccam 2.03 and while using this it then updated fine.

strange indeed.

I did wonder about that as well so i have replaced the mg_cfg file again last night, i used the one at the bottom of Bees setup guide.

Thanks

Back