Toshiba Satellite C660d-155 wont turn on

jigger121

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Ram, hard drive all working. Complete blank screen, cant even see it under bright light. Fans start for 2 seconds but cut off, fans are clean also. Opened it all up and everything seems to be connected. One problem i found was the white cable that runs underneath the bezel is cut bad. This white wire runs into the top of the laptopinto a completley different circuit board which is in no way connected to the screen. The white cable seems to be connected to a wifi adapter along with a black wire that runs exactly the same to the top of the laptop. Tried draining the bios battery, still nothing. Completely puzzled
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like a power supply problem, either internal and external (power adapter). Find a shop or a friend with a multimeter and see if the adapter is working properly.
If it's an internal power supply problem, it could be very expensive to fix.

Did you try to fix the "white cable"?

Give these steps a try and see what happens.

1. First unplug the laptop.
2.Now take out the battery.
3.Once the battery is out hold down the power button for exact 20 seconds (doing this drains any excess power from the unit)
4.After that put battery back in .
5.Now plug in laptop
6.Now press power button to turn the Laptop ON.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
I have tried that mate, didnt work. Think i would need a new internal power supply because ive tried a different charger, with and without batttery. But light is on to indicate its being suplied with power.

Ok so it seems the laptop is getting power if the light is on.

I would try and fix the white cable and see what happens.

It's very possible that the cable between the laptop body and screen is broken at the hinge where you open and close the screen or it could also be that the screen it self is dead or even a failed graphics chip or module.

Hopefully some else can chime in with other ideas as to what the problem could be.

Thats exactly where its broke. Thanks for the advice mate, the white wire is connected to the wireless graphics chip

Back