transfer of mobile no.

calibos

HI, Ive recently swapped over from O2 to ID and was sent a new sim card.
I asked for transfer of my mobile no. to the new sim and went through the correct procedure, and was told that it was a success.
Yet here I am still receiving no calls or texts, and the I.D app is still showing the new number.

This has been 4 days now and its becoming a little frustrating, my question is does it usually take this long and are there any steps I can take to speed this process up?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Calibos.

It took my mate nearly a week for his to go through and he was with O2. I'd give it a couple of days and then ring them if no joy.

Is the phone locked onto the O2 network? or is it SIM free?, because if it is network locked, you won't be able to use a different companies SIM card in it without getting the phone unlocked.
Your phone number may well have been "ported" (the phone company word for it) to your new sim card, but the phone is not locked to your number, it is locked to the network provider.
I think that answers what you want to know, also, the process normally only takes an hour or so at most.

I bought this phone from google and have changed the operator network to ID on the phone still with no success. I have only ever been on a sim only contract which I was finished with a long time ago so had no grief from O2 when changing networks.
Just wondering if you have to wait for working days to expire rather than weekends.

I know in this house, we have changed networks, and it was a matter of minutes (max 1 hour) before the new phone number/sim card was working, there should be no reason for not having a working phone, is it working with your old phone and SIM?

It's the same phone just new sim, and unfortunately I saw the old sim go up the dyson vacuum tube the other day, I can still text other people but not receive anything from them but "Who's this", and could make phone calls, but people tend not to answer unrecognised no's

Just gotta be patient I suppose.

Will ring O2 tomorrow if nothing changes, and if there's a problem will let others know so they don't suffer like I've done.

youre old network wont be the problem contact youre new one they probably havent done it, I have moved networks a few times and the only problem was with vodafone but it was their error amazing they all say it takes 24 hours but when I called them they did it within minutes.

Received a message from my OLD provider today saying " sorry to see you go. just to ley you know your old number is going to port out today. once complete your old sim wont work anymore", thanks for all the help though.

Back