Transferring everything from old computer to a new one ?

Use one of these cables to transfer its a sata cable
It's ok I know how to image hard drives or transfer files , but that cable will not work with my old commodore c16 or even any of my amiga machines :smiley: that I used before upgrading to a 386 then first pentium bad mistake should have stayed with amigas but things move on over a £1000 pounds then for a 386 :disappointed:

there used to be software years back and you could buy cable to go with it it would transfer files and installed programs.

Te only real way to do it is with imaging software with disimmilar hardware restore you just cannot backup windows partition with all your software and restore it onto compleately different pc, different hardware different drivers we are not talking about imaging full hard drive plus all partitions to larger hard drive or sdd to just swap or upgrate your current pc.

and I am not advertising but just info here How to Move Windows 10 to A New Computer with Dissimilar Hardware?

personally I have used acronis.
I have one of those cables with software I got from Maplins years ago, it has a thick end one end ! and usb I think the other and displays both HDDs before you tick off what to move! Don't think it allowed operating systems though!

I have one of those cables with software I got from Maplins years ago, it has a thick end one end ! and usb I think the other and displays both HDDs before you tick off what to move! Don't think it allowed operating systems though!
Yes correct from what I read it was only for transferring files not OS they were usb A to usb A . and not the cable image that was posted that is just sata to usb.

If you have both computers connected to your router you could share the drive on the old computer and access it over the network on the new computer

What is the best and easiest way to transfer everything from my old desktop Windows 10 computer to a new/refurbished Windows 10 one ?
I'm not very tech minded so want the easiest way to do it .
Thanks for your advice ,hopefully.

Could get an external caddy and plug in via USB. Can pick them up for about £14 off Amazon, then buy a cheap HDD from cex or eBay and put all the files on there

Back