Trying to connect to wif

I have this instead of a dongle: ebay id 360914981243. It's a wifi bridge, supposed to be useful for dreambox and similar boxes. I plugged the ethernet part in and also the USB part just for power.

I want to connect to my wifi network router with password1 and it's WEP. I am not sure if the wifi bridge has an address of its own also.

I tried going into network settings, didn't have a clue what to do and gave up. Help?

Last edited:
to set up a wifi bridge you normally have to do this

plug into a laptop or pc, go to 192.168.x.x to get into it or what ever it says on box

do a scan on wifi, connect and save password ect

unplug, put into what ever you want and should connected
maybe on vu, im sure u have to install some sort of plugin

I tried connecting with a laptop, ticking "share this connection" on the wireless network. After a bit of messing with it I don't know what I did but was surprised that it somehow started working after I rebooted it. I then removed the laptop and put the vonet/bridge there instead and it wouldn't work again, including after I rebooted it. I put it back on the laptop and it wouldn't work again, I rebooted and tried many things and it still wouldn't work.

Can someone please tell me step by step exactly what to do, at least for the laptop. I can always buy a dongle if I can't get the vonet to work. What does system mount mean, should I mount root etc.

Last edited:
i used a vonet before is it the blue (sex tool ) look alike thing?
you have to use a cd that came with it to set up

There was definitely no setup disk with it, ebay id is above since I can't post links.

edit: Okay, I can connect through my laptop... I think my confusion arose from many of the normal-premium channels not working but that's likely an issue with the server and not my setup.

edit2: I finally managed to get it to work by using a different computer. vonet.cfg did work on that computer, but never on my original one. It still was very fidgety, freezing and didn't work the first time I tried it but finally I got it to work.

Last edited:
Back