Tune failed on some channels with Cloud Ibox 2+

I had this problem before JTAG repairing my ibox 2+ (after an official bootloader update bricked it) and sadly the error still seems to be there.

Some channels such as Comedy Central +1 and Comedy Central Xtra +1 are producing a 'tune failed' error. There may be other affected channels but those are the main 2 that I've noticed tbh. Every other channel that I have checked so far seems to work normally.

Before I did the bad flash and subsequent jtag repar I was running Vix (~April 2014) and after jtagging I have tried the same old build of Vix a Cloudix builds of OpenPli 4 and ItalySat 6 with the Jacek bootloader but it still gives this error message. On channels that do work I get the following signal stats:

SNR: 65-70%
AGC: 95%
BER: 0

A full manual service scan found 932 channels and I have also ran AutoBouquets several times. I have also changed from CCcaam to Mgcamd. ItalySat doesn't give the tune failed error but just goes to a black screen instead (which I'm assuming means the same thing).

Is there anything that could be done to fix this or does it sound like a hardware fault?

If you can, try it on a different dish or try another box on your dish feed, but it sure sounds like the dish.

If you can, try it on a different dish or try another box on your dish feed, but it sure sounds like the dish.
I can't try another dish unfortunately and I only have this box atm. I guess this is one problem that I might just have to put up with. Would it be possible that a tuner fault could cause this though? It seems weird that it only affects those 2 channels.

It does sound unlikely. You could check with King-of-Sat to see if any other channels use the same transponder and see if they work. If you have a friend with a dish maybe you could try it at their place. (Tuners usually fail altogether, or on all vertical or horizontal test points).

And channels u mention are always at the bottom end of signal strength (with my setup anyway). Theyre always first ti go glitchy in bad weather.

Really? That might explain it then. The other channels were a little glitchy for the last few days but I think that was cccam because it has been fixed since I changed to mgcamd. Unfortunately the channels I mentioned are still black screening though.

I'll pick up a new cable and check out king of sat but if neither of those things fix it then I'll just need to do without those channels I suppose.

2 other possibilities Id look at are dish fine tune, and lnb. Ive had few dishs work fine with sly and f5s but missed lots of channels (maybe 25%) with the 2+'s. New lnb fixed instantly.

---------- Post Merged at 02:19 PM ----------

My snr mostly 71-76 on good ch's
30-70 on bad. But it jumps all over place on bad ones

On the channels with the black screen it doesn't give any SNR details at all. The signal on the other channels all looks stable though.

Unfortunately I can't replace the lnb or anything like that. These channels did work fine until about a week ago though.

Its a pity u cant take to mates to try on they're dish. Think that would be only way of checking now
Yeah its not that big a deal tbh. It's only 2 channels anyway from what I can tell. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas. It would be weird if it was the dish though as the reception on every other channel I've tried looks perfect.

Do you know of any other channels that I could test with a similarly weak signal level?

Universal
Syfy
Com cent +1 (glitching now)
Gold+1
Dmax
Cbsreality
Cbs reality +1
Cbs action
Universal+1
E
Tlc+1
Sonytv
Xtra+1 (glitching now lol)
but the only ones that glitch in weather are the 20-35% ones.
And I think this is down to needing a slight alignment.
86% Agc on bad channels. 95 on good ones.
Are the above all part of some type of group broadcast or something to be so different?

I think I even had trouble with these 2 on slys own box

Last edited:
Universal
Syfy
Com cent +1 (glitching now)
Gold+1
Dmax
Cbsreality
Cbs reality +1
Cbs action
Universal+1
E
Tlc+1
Sonytv
Xtra+1 (glitching now lol)
but the only ones that glitch in weather are the 20-35% ones.
And I think this is down to needing a slight alignment.
86% Agc on bad channels. 95 on good ones.
Are the above all part of some type of group broadcast or something to be so different?

I think I even had trouble with these 2 on slys own box
I've just checked and all of those channels work normally for me. 95% AGC on all of them. This is really weird.

Back