Tuner B Failed

ob14

Hi,

I've got both Sly & VM lines and the cable feed coming in using a standard splitter I got off eBay. The Sly channels are all fine, however for some of the VM channels at times I'm getting hit with the "Tuner B Failed" error message on some channels, not all. The picture can get completly distorted and again I'd have to mess about with the splitter and cable, but that'll work for a few hours or days then it comes back with that error message. I have checked the signal strength of the cable feed and it shows it as %29, so I'm not sure if that's good or if it has to be higher? And can this be done by getting a better splitter or perhaps even the actual cable itself as I bought that of eBay as well?

Last edited:
If by the cable working fine alone you mean the other channels then yeah they all do apart from a few here and there. And it's always them same channels that the error message comes up for.

If by the cable working fine alone you mean the other channels then yeah they all do apart from a few here and there. And it's always them same channels that the error message comes up for.

Ok so have you scanned the correct net id? when you say a few here and there, you mean what exactly? Trying to work out if its line or tuner/net id issue

Yeah I've got the correct net ID in there and it scans up all the channels. So basically SS2 HD, SS5 HD, Sky Premiere HD and a few others are the ones that come up with this error message. The rest of the channels are fine and habe mp issues. On some occasions I can go up a channe; and then back down again, and the channel is back. but other times it just has that error message and takes some fidgeting with the cable and splitter to sort it.

Yeah I've got the correct net ID in there and it scans up all the channels. So basically SS2 HD, SS5 HD, Sky Premiere HD and a few others are the ones that come up with this error message. The rest of the channels are fine and habe mp issues. On some occasions I can go up a channe; and then back down again, and the channel is back. but other times it just has that error message and takes some fidgeting with the cable and splitter to sort it.

Are all the other channels fine, as in quality? Those two channels shouldn't be giving you issues, if any it would be the lower frequency channels that can be hit or miss. If I were you I would back up your VM connection and try a test line. At least you rule that side out! If you mess around with the VM feed at the rf in (tuner) does your ss2 or ss5 come on?

All the other channels are fine, but just the few I mentioned. And I haven't messed around with the feed on the back of the box so might have to give that a try. Was told to "split wire from out side box where the original splitter was installed by the engineer", so not sure what that means.

I think you have a weak signal. I've had the same problem myself, on pretty much the same channels. I now have a Konig Amp.

I think you have a weak signal. I've had the same problem myself, on pretty much the same channels. I now have a Konig Amp.

Has that helped? And where can I get one from?

I got one from here. You need this one because apparently VM need an active return path.

Konig Professional TV amplifier 28 dB 1 output active return path [KN-PROAMP31AUK], Hawks Photo Video

It's the successor to the Konig 'Yellow brick'.

I eventually had to buy something else as well (an attenuator), but see how you get on. Come back here if you're having trouble.

It's all been a bit of a nightmare - there's very little help out there with this problem so it's been hard work.

Has that helped? And where can I get one from?

I got one from here. You need this one because apparently VM need an active return path.

Konig Professional TV amplifier 28 dB 1 output active return path [KN-PROAMP31AUK], Hawks Photo Video

It's the successor to the Konig 'Yellow brick'.

I eventually had to buy something else as well (an attenuator), but see how you get on. Come back here if you're having trouble.

It's all been a bit of a nightmare - there's very little help out there with this problem so it's been hard work.

Yep cheers for getting back to me. I did find this other thread http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/100060-picture-glitching-solved-me.html in which they're saying to try this one which is a 26 dB 2 version compared to the 28 dB 1, that you have just posted. So do I just replace the splitter with this and see what happens really?

I have it installed before the splitter, as my Tivo also needed a boost when the splitter's inline.

I can't comment on the other possible solution.

Have you experimented with a feed direct to your Zgemma? Mine works okay with a direct feed, which confirmed my thought that I was losing sufficient signal at the splitter to mess with my channel reception, and that the signal needed a boost.

(I then found, though, that some channels were receiving too much signal and they were breaking up, while the weaker channels (eg SS2 HD) were only just getting enough signal. That's why I've ended up with an attenuator installed as well.)

I have it installed before the splitter, as my Tivo also needed a boost when the splitter's inline.

I can't comment on the other possible solution.

Have you experimented with a feed direct to your Zgemma? Mine works okay with a direct feed, which confirmed my thought that I was losing sufficient signal at the splitter to mess with my channel reception, and that the signal needed a boost.

(I then found, though, that some channels were receiving too much signal and they were breaking up, while the weaker channels (eg SS2 HD) were only just getting enough signal. That's why I've ended up with an attenuator installed as well.)

I can't try a direct feed as I have the broadband coming from the same box. I thought this would go in place of the splitter and then I could tweak it from that point.

Hi my tuner b has also gone dead iv not unplugged any this and checked all the cables
Tuner b is vm
7547a26f3f1bc449bdbfb2b85bb6c407.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back