Tv sounds like chipmunks have invaded

makido

VIP Member
i wasn't sure where to post this so hope its ok

Here goes I have this annoying problem that I just cant figure out
On my tv the sound just goes with no warning and sounds like the chipmunks. Its a samsung tv, and only a few years old

i have tried different hdmi cables in different ports in the tv and its still the same. Ive been through the tv settings and I cant see anything wrong (I never mess with the settings)
Oddly enough it only seems to happen on my new duo4k box, my other boxes seem fine with the same cables
If I change channel the sound is ok for 5 minutes then it goes again. This is on the freesat channels.

What do you think? is it my box or tv as anyone ever come across this? cos its driving me mad

Through the areial it seems fine. No soundbars or anything connected, No cables other than the hdmi
Checking settings now

Sounds like a crap image update or a corrupts image
How long has this been going on ?
Can you relate it to a change you have done or a update

The box was flashed just last night to the latest infinity. I even flashed vix just to see and it was the same on there. I have no clue what could be causing it, it started happening 3 or 4 days ago

On the main tv I have a duo4k. I have tried my other boxes the h7s and the h92s and they are fine using the same cables.
I have tried the box on a different tv and thats fine, so work that one out lol. Like I said driving me nuts and annoying

The the box plays nicely on a different tv. No tv is not 4k, I bought a new hdmi cable from screwfix just to try, its good quality its got gold ends on...I dunno lol.

It can only be a setting or the box then
Also screwfix is not the best place to buy a quality hdmi cable

Ive set the tv back to factory settings thinking that would sort it, ive reflashed the box god knows how many times. I just dont know what else to try, its baffled me.
Guess I will just have to live with it, as annoying as it is

With all the crap samsung tvs are getting issues with this and that one never knows,is this on sat or cable?

That can happen on sat channels if your dish & lnb are not 100%
Some tuners need more signal

Back