1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre inflating

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Questions' started by Stephenld1989, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Stephenld1989

Stephenld1989 Registered

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or if anyone knows what the issue/ fault will be.

Tried pumping up my tyres in the garage using their machine. In the past it happened at Sainsbury's getting the message E1 on the air machine screen.

I tried again at a BP and that worked fine. Gone back to the same BP today and seeing the E1 message.

Is it a possible problem wi
    th the tyres I can't think what, or coinsidence that there's been an issue with the two machines.

Thanks

2. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

it's a fault with the machine
    the machine can't detect problems with tyres, it's not that bright, it can only compress air and cut off when it reaches a certain pressure

3. rs500nutter

rs500nutter TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Had this in the past it was a fault with the machine and nothing to do with car tyres etc what the fault was i dont know i just went to the next garage :thumbsup:

4. stuss

stuss TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I have had the same problem on my
    x trail. There are tyre sensors on my car .
    I tried another garage . Worked fine
    No error code...

5. stuss

6. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

Handy if you have a slow puncture inflate and drive car to garage,+ inflates life size dolls;):D

goose1 and stuss like this.
  7. stuss

Great bit of kit. Finding it though since new garage was built can't find nothing.

8. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

HA HA know that feeling

stuss likes this.
  9. Stephenld1989

Stephenld1989 Registered

Thanks for the help everyone.

I thought as much, obviously just a co-insidence.
    I've got a compressor but haven't used I for ages and believe it needs charging for 24 hours. Not great!