UK Riots - London - Manchester - Birmingham - Liverpool - more.

I am only watching on s*y news.Looks like its a bit quiet in London so far,thank god.But lots of looting and trouble in Manchester.Stay safe folks

I've just been looking at some maps, the trouble isn't that far from you linny, let's hope it stays to the west of you.
Also, Dan, if I remember correctly, you aren't too far from my old stomping ground of Handsworth, hope it doesn't get any closer to you and yours.
To all affected, stay safe and well

Manchester has been destroyed, can you chance the thread title to UK riots please

Last edited by a moderator:
manchester riots thug who is this CHAV get him locked up now name and shame 09/08/201

This is the sort of mentality these useless thugs have on our community, (the video is poor so apologies for that,) if there's not a better one on youtube tomorrow I will edit and upload my own, or have you seen a better version of this video.

[video=youtube;1CXA8FIAUtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CXA8FIAUtQ[/video]

That lad needs taking aside and given a damn good kick in and so do other's that think they can go about with the same attitude.

You think this generation is bad, just wait for the next with parents like that.

Two brothers have passed away after being run over by a car on Dudley Road. May they R.I.P :(

I don't know what is going on, its not just breaking into shops and stealing goods anymore, i dont get why this is happening. :(

I have been seeing the reports on the nightly news. I didn't even know it was happening till Monday night....at first I thought it was a prank....but then I saw the pictures. This is ridiculous!! Have riots ever broken out like this before? I am sure that there had been high unemployment before, but was there looting back then??

I hope everyone on that side of the pond to stay safe.

I watched the NBC Nightly News at 6pm today, and they showed a row of shops all smashed up except one.....a book store.

there has been riots like this before but ive never seen on this scale. this is probably worse!

Hopefully its slowing down now. but yes areas local to me have been hit. Thankfully my area is ok. But its has GOT to STOP!!
we went out to aa shopping mall today a few miles form here it was very quite. After reading the Sun saw that it was one of the places that got hit on monday.
So much damage by complete idiots for NO reason. Dont think any of this has to do with what happened in Tottenham last week FFS!!!
just a bunch of nasty people wanting to ruin people lives.

Racial Tension

Understandably I’m now getting a lot of reports of racial tension connected to the deaths of the Pakistani guys last night on Dudley Rd. Every kind of report you can possibly imagine in my Tumblr inbox, but the common theme is that the Asian community are incensed and want revenge and that there’s a strong possibility of gangs coming to Birmingham from other cities like Leicester and Manchester in response to the deaths last night.

I’m fearful because this racial tension isn’t new - but this has undoubtedly exacerbated it. Some of you might remember the riots we had in Handsworth and Lozells a few years ago, where it was alleged that Asian guys had attacked a young black girl after she was caught shoplifting. It kicked off and there were deaths then too. As it turned out, when everything calmed down, the original story appeared to be nothing more than a rumor and nobody seemed quite sure that it had happened.

The Gandhi quote about “an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind” is so cliche at this point (although still relevant) that I feel many don’t even stop to really think about it. So allow me to quote one of my favorite authors, Ken Kesey who presents the same idea in a starker and more direct way:

“The man who seeks revenge digs two graves”

To all reading this - no matter your motive, original rioters/looters, anti rioters/looters protecting the area, gangs seeking revenge, proud brummies trying to defend our city, and even police - VIOLENCE IS NOT THE ANSWER. All different factions getting caught in a big mob mess isn’t going to help anything. Innocent people will get hurt and the whole situation will escalate. Where’s the community leaders? Not the self-important, self-appointed busybodies claiming to speak on behalf of the people, I mean the REAL community leaders who ARE actually in touch with all the people in the community on a grassroots level. Where are the gang leaders? You have a responsibility to try and calm this! It’s gone on long enough!

Look, I can’t predict what’s going to happen tonight, but I’ve lived here in the inner city long enough to know that right now we’re on the brink of something potentially a lot more serious than anything we’ve seen so far. Please, calm yourselves. After all this is over, we ALL have to pick up the pieces, including you - the ones responsible for it.

With reports of the EDL also travelling to Birmingham, and idiot racists like Nick Griffin using the situation to his advantage, now by continuing to cause trouble you are simply giving them what they want and worsening your own situation.

Please, just stop, take a few minutes and look at the bigger picture here. That’s all I’m asking.

Peace….literally

It now looks like its going back to square 1 but starting with a different group of people, going to turn into a war zone. :dunno:

West Midlands Police have informed us that Birmingham City Centre will be closing at 16:00 a.m today to avoid any furthur conflicts/damage.

Update: All Birmingham IMAX screenings for the evening have been cancelled and tickets will be refunded.

City Centre "boxed".

tumblr_lppzjgNM631r1p3wro1_500.jpg

Last edited:
i am absolutely pissed off with what is going on, they have mowed down 3 asian lads for protecting their mosque and businesses. Sick individuals! i hope they catch who ever done this and make an example of him. LIFE FOR LIFE!

Bring back the electric chair! FUMING ABSOLUTELY FUMING

Seeing the police beat that lad up in Manchester absolutely deserved it, bring in the water cannon and rubber bullets, if they die they die, they will have themselves only to blame, and yet their are families who came to manchester open the car boot and ordered their kids to fill the car up.

Society is sick!

this is just senseless, if there was a legitimate gripe, there might be a reason for localised trouble, but this is just crazy

his parents will say " oh but he didnt mean to do it" . problem with this country is its a nanny state you cant do nothing Kids rule unfortunately why??? because the governments have let them over the years by taking away parents teachers and any authorities rights to punish them!
Parents - infact all adults are scared of kids/teenagers. They are now being "taught" as said above to get out and rob - why coz they think they deserve everything for free no matter the consequences

they should send him to a big mans prison and we will see how much of a thug or gangster wanna be he wants to be. The youth of this day are just immature, no prospects, all in to the wrong stuff.

Got to agree with you linny, there is no parental responsibility anymore, they just seem to throw their arms in the air and say tha tsociety has ruined the kids. If they had any cop on they would accept responsibliity, then do something about their children's behaviour for the benefit of future society.
In my opinion, for what it is worth, is that a 16 year old should not have been let out of the house at night, if for no other reason than He/She could be injured.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, is that a 16 year old should not have been let out of the house at night, if for no other reason than He/She could be injured.
problem is at 16 they are neither kids or adults - its a grey area so they say. They think they are grown up but not mature enough. At 16 they can leave home and nothing parents can do - which is why they think they are adults, so its hard to keep them in and of course IF you try and keep them in they would say your punishing them or imprisoning them - the parents either cant win or cant be bothered!
Even at 18 i know where my son is BUT then he has been brought up with manners respect etc. Any sign of trouble and he would be home. He may not have a job as hes just left school BUT knows right from wrong.

Shame there is such a small % of teenagers that are like that these days. They think the world "owes" them but what have they done???

There are far more unruly kids in our society today yet they all get what they want - and thats the problem as parents we (meaning lot of population rather than personal) have made them the way they are by either giving in to them or saying no and they regress against it. If you give in once some expect everything when they want it - even when they cant have it, if you say no well then they just go out to get it no matter how or what the conesequences. The youth of today need to learn to RESPECT Everyone not just their so called piers!!! who are usually the ones leading them astray!

problem is at 16 they are neither kids or adults - its a grey area so they say.

I have one thing to say to this Linny - Bollix, they are children - End of, if you can know where your two lads are, then it is every other parents RESPONSIBILITY to know where there children are. I is a matter of parenting. Now i won't disagree that the society that we live in has changed, but it is down to the bad parenting that slowly changes society for the worse.
You also say in your post that parents can't even be bothered - we agree, the only thing is I think that the parents need to be forced to take a much sterner line with their own kids.

problem is at 16 they leave school, can leave home and think they can do as they please. I agree parents should take more responsibility, but half the parents of these kids are only young themselves and dont have a clue. Unfortunatly good parenting does not come natural to all and there is no book on "how to".
I do agree that if the police etc cant do anything with the kids they should punish the parents in some way, but then it does not solve the problem as the kids will laugh and still go about doing the same things. After all it IS the parents who are at fault for know knowing (or caring) where their kids are and for letting them troll the streets.
But its not just kids are some of these rioters are adults and SHOULD know better, but again they seem to have the attitude that society "owes them" as one of them said she is stealing to get her taxes back - im sure she had never actually paid any in the 1st place, nor probably knows what taxes are!!

Back