1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock The Huawei E220 HSDPA Modem

Discussion in 'PDA Mobile Devices and Satellite Navigation' started by HiTeck, Oct 29, 2011.

1. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

This hack involves unlocking the Huawei E220 HSDPA Modem which will activate it to be used on any network for FREE. I have personally tested this hack & successfully unlocked my Huawei HSDPA modem E220. This hack works specifically only on E220 models & might not work on any other models.

e560abf38ca80c17f35ca4da98e8_grande.jpg

Basic Requirements:

• Your Huawei E220 HSDPA modem
    • Essential Softwares: Firmware E220, Hex Editor, QMAT and E220 SimLock Unlock Tool.
    • I have zipped all these softwares into a single file for easier download. The download link for these softwares can be found in the steps below.

First you need to download the software pack essential for unlocking E220 modem, this is completely clean!.

There is no need to get the latest version of E220 Firmware for unlocking. It’s just used for detecting the Harware Interface.

For Hex Editor, QMAT and E220 SimLock Unlock Tool requires no installation. They are just perfectly safe .exe files, simply double click on them to run.

Step 2:

Remove the SIM card and connect the E220 USB Modem to the PC
    Run the E220 Firmware
    Now you’ll get the following window. Select “I accept the agreement:

step2_1.jpg

Then wait untill it detects the modem interface. After the detection of Modem, you will get the following window. Press Cancel:

step2_3.jpg

Press Yes to Quit from the Firmware Update Process and this completes Step 2:

step2_4.jpg

Step 3:

Run QMAT and select : Hardware Forensics -> Use Com/USB Port:

step3_1.jpg

Select the correct COM interface which was detected by Firmware Updater:

step3_2.jpg

Select Command VERNUM and Press Send Cmd. Then you will get version number and display Successfully Send Command at Bottom of the window if you correctly set the COM interface. If this not succes then make sure you are selected correct COM interface

Now Select Read EFS and set the End address as 00001000 and then press Lets Go. Now you will be asked to save the file. Give the name as Flash.bin and save it anywhere. You will get Successfully read EFS if everything went ok.

Step 4:

Run XVI32 Hex Editor and Open the saved file Flash.bin:

step4_1.jpg

Find the String 53 64 2C 00 in the dump. Select menu item, Search -> Find:

step4_2.jpg

In the same line of the corresponding place of the right side window will show the 8 digit lock code of your modem. It is easy to find, because there is no other 8 consecutive digit in the same line of the string 53 64 2C 00. Just keep searching until you find an 8 digit code grouped together.

step4_3.jpg

Step 5:

Run E220 SIM Lock Unlock and enter the unlock code of your modem:

step5_1.jpg

2. hadmad

hadmad VIP Member

hi h just a quick q is the D in the model a mis type ( Huawei E220 HSDPA Modem )

3. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

No this is for the Huawei E220 HSDPA Modem Hadman.

4. Mowax

Mowax Member

Hey guys,

I have a Huawei E220 and I'd like to get it unlocked if I can, How do I find out if it's a HSDPA version? it's with "3" I had a quick look in the download pack that you posted, had to download "Qmat" from the net but then not sure if this is even the right USB modem.

Thanks in advance.

5. MohdGeek

MohdGeek Member

I followed the steps then entered the code and it said that it had unlocked it... so I unplugged it and inserted the sim and it never worked :(

It says usim/sim card does not exist or unavailable.

Any idea?

it's a 3 Three UK Dongle and it has been flashed with firmware from Huawei.

6. MohdGeek

MohdGeek Member

never mind i got it :D all working great now thanks!!!!11

7. pressburger

pressburger Member

great post - thanks - i am going to try the unlock myself now and will post the result and any issues

8. Skemas83

Skemas83 Member

THi. This unlocking thing wont affect software installed in modem right?

9. neneanaie

neneanaie Member

no, the software wont be affected.

10. LittleJonn

LittleJonn Member

Do you have software for other HuaWei units ?
    The RevSkills software which replaces the QMAT software doesn't have a READ EFS command, could you point me in the correct direction as everything is working up to this point.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. dadofripley

dadofripley Member

Thanks for this, My Novatel wireless 3352 has just died so I am trying to resurrect an old tMobile Huawei E220

Cheers

Peter

12. funsfuns

funsfuns Member

It worked in my case. My E220 is unlocked now :willy nilly:
    The new trial RevSkills is slightly different than the screenshots, but functional.

On my firmware E220Update_11.313.02.00.01.B268, the find string had to be "53 64 1C 00"

thanx...

13. Maxx

Maxx Member

problem...this is a trial version, so I dont get this option?

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 AM ----------

how so? cant get to USB Port Util....

14. funsfuns

funsfuns Member

Maxx, try:
    Menu -> Hardware Forensics -> Port Utils -> USB Port Utils (Pro)

15. simon32

simon32 Member

Just wondering if this hack still works and is current??
    I'm pretty sure I have a Huawei E220 on "3 UK Network" somewhere and would like to use it if I can get free internet on the move!

Would appreciate someone confirming!

16. devonncream

devonncream Member

Hi,

I would also like to know before attempting the hack, many thanks.

17. mihi64

mihi64 Member

I will try this on my modem. It is locked on Vodafone Romania. I will also try to enhance the speed to 7.2 Mbps(using a firmware update).

18. dohouch

dohouch Member

Can I replace the dashboard with a non-branded one, and if so how and which one to use.

Edit: Didn't realise I could use the Three dashboard for any network, created and saved a new profile and it worked like a charm. Surprised I was!:binoculars:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  19. l3gend

l3gend Member

I have the bin file. But couldn't find the string 53 64 2C 00

20. sorin3la

sorin3la Member

I'll try this on my modem and after i'll post the result