Update on E2iPlayer

well whats it gonna take because we need iptv. the more help we can give the better
The creator of the plug in is not interested in taking donations, he may well have maintained it, if it hadnt have been for the ungrateful morans who gave him grief over the slightest issues.

Got a few lads (mods) involved off different forums looking at keeping samasamsams plugin running with on going updates and any future stuff that can be added so we can all enjoy what has become a must for any enigma 2 box to have,SSS has confirmed that his work/plugin can be modified for future use with out any bad feelings and maybe he will help out as we go.Really is something i rely on other people to help with
moshibeth.

Anyone who can help please feel free to post or pm me thanks again moshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a few lads (mods) involved off different forums looking at keeping samasamsams plugin running with on going updates and any future stuff that can be added so we can all enjoy what has become a must for any enigma 2 box to have,SSS has confirmed that his work/plugin can be modified for future use with out any bad feelings and maybe he will help out as we go.Really is something i rely on other people to help with
moshibeth.

I am more than happy to help if I can, not an IPTV expert but can follow plugin code

The creator of the plug in is not interested in taking donations, he may well have maintained it, if it hadnt have been for the ungrateful morans who gave him grief over the slightest issues.
would donations give him a bigger reason to help people with the issues that the application had? I'm sure they would be even more grateful if the application was working and sometimes the only way people can help is by giving donations. He might of used the money to buy himself some teabags to lift his spirits :)

Here is the Facebook post from the man himself (reformatted):
Hello,

There are several reason why there was no update for 2 weeks:
1. Some time before the last update my external HDD was damaged. On that HDD I stored the enviroment for compiling binary components used by E2iPlayer like ffmpeg, pycurl, exteplayer3 and so on. These components are not updated frequently but anyway because of the damage to that HDD I was not able to compile for example exteplayer3 for all supported platforms any more.

This makes me very sad because on this HDD I had a lot of data. However the environment for development and deployment of the E2iPlayer (the part written in the python) was on my internal HDD, so that was not lost.

2. During this time I was on something like a two-week "vacation" and I did not have access to my PC nor to any STB.

3. During my "vacation" I got many questions asking me why there were no updates - I answered with 1. and 2. As I wrote the problem 1. is not directly the reason why there was no update of the E2iPlayer itself, but it could cause big issues updating the E2iPlayer without also updating the binary components along with that.

During this time I was accused of lying, I received insults and many messages where users were demanding an update.
I cannot agree with the behavior of these users. I spent hundreds of hours developing this plugin. E2iPlayer is my hobby and I share it with people for free. I never ask for donation or something like that. How do users thank me for that?

Because of this after I returned from my "vacation" I decide to develop E2iPlayer in the private domain: https://gitlab.com/e2iprivate/e2iplayer

I also started to create a new environment for compiling binary components from scratch because of the loss of the old environment I had on my hard drive.

It will be not published because of many rude opinions expressed to me.
Now, new versions of the E2iPlayer are only available for my friends and family.

And those who spit on me and offended me should now roll up their sleeves and make their on plugins or something else and share this with others themselves.

Regards,
SSS

moshibeth.

did samsamsam manually update the links himself? I know the application had a feature that removed invalid links. Is this how he kept track of the sites that were and weren't working? having all of his work over at his GitLab repository gives us a real boost, here is the link: https://gitlab.com/e2i/e2iplayer

I believe you can still contact samsamsam and he's actively commenting at his E2iPlayer GitLab repository https://gitlab.com/e2i/e2iplayer/activity in fact his last comment was only 20 minutes ago.

It may be helpful to contact samsamsam to ask him about the process he used to keep the program updated including plugin dependencies and what changes he made to disable future updates. The places you can contact him are: https://www.facebook.com/E2iPlayer and IPTVPlayerE2@gmail.com

Some of the other developers who have worked on the project are: zdzislaw22, mamrot, MarcinO, skalita, huball, matzg, tomashj291 and a4tech as highlighted over on the E2iPlayer project website: http://www.iptvplayer.gitlab.io/

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just downloaded plugin on zgemma H2H I added a seehd and press on film action tv series etc it comes up saying error no items found! Have I missed something?

No mate uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing still.. I got merdb123 movies working but says error no items found on seehd

Strange as its working here, is your web safe turned on in your router as this is the only thing i can think off that could be causing it.

Not to sure how would I check that? But merdb123 movies works ts media and my ep2iplayer works fine
go to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser depending on what router you have and type the user and pass found on the sticker at the back of your router. Have a look around in the settings and see if you can find a web filter. If you do, turn it off. Your internet service provider can also block web addresses using their DNS resolver. You may be able to change your DNS in your router settings or on your device. I recommend using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for the most privacy and speed however there are far more to choose from.

Back