usb failing to format zgemma h2s

Do I just plug the new usb in the back of the box ? And does the box need to be turned on first b4 I plug the usb in ?

You do realise that the entire thing you were trying to do was a 2 minute job?
You get the new usb, put it in the PC, right click>format>choose fat32 this is the longest bit, takes about a minute and half
put the usb in Zgemma and the box makes it ext3 or ext4 when you initialise it - finished.

You've spent half a day, formatted your computer, still not got it running and probably never likely to because all you want to do is take it out the packet and put it in the box...but at least you've saved those two minutes and that's the main thing :(y):

still a pain in the ar$e that didn't need to happen though :rolleyes:
@steptoe told him at 12;13 to format it to fat13 with windows, then put it in the box and initialise it to ext4
his reply:
thanks,so with it being brand new i should just be able to put the usb in the box and not have to do anything else with it
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

You do realise that the entire thing you were trying to do was a 2 minute job?
You get the new usb, put it in the PC, right click>format>choose fat32 this is the longest bit, takes about a minute and half
put the usb in Zgemma and the box makes it ext3 or ext4 when you initialise it - finished.

You've spent half a day, formatted your computer, still not got it running and probably never likely to because all you want to do is take it out the packet and put it in the box...but at least you've saved those two minutes and that's the main thing :(y):
You obviously haven’t read the full
Comments.it wasn’t a 2 minute job at all because the usb would not format in the box this is why I had to format it in the pc but for some reason the usb wouldent format in the pc either.anyway I bought a new usbthe new usb I didn’t have to do anything with it other than take it out the packet and put it in the box and the box and epg are up and running.im just left with the problem now with my pc I believe i need a windows 7 oem.has anyone got any idea where I could get one from a how much are they ?

You obviously haven’t read the full
Comments.it wasn’t a 2 minute job at all because the usb would not format in the box this is why I had to format it in the pc but for some reason the usb wouldent format in the pc either.anyway I bought a new usbthe new usb I didn’t have to do anything with it other than take it out the packet and put it in the box and the box and epg are up and running.im just left with the problem now with my pc I believe i need a windows 7 oem.has anyone got any idea where I could get one from a how much are they ?

eBay

I have had problems initializing drives a few times and I don't know if this is your problem but if you had a swap file enabled or timeshift enabled , disable these as they could be tying up resources and try to initialize again. Your windows 7 cd you can get on ebay pretty cheap but I would get windows 10 as windows 7 is not fully supported now.
You can download windows 7 to a usb from Microsoft for free if you have your activation key if you have another working computer to download it on.
Here is the link if you need it https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Back