USB Problem

shaunpad

My box will not recognise any usb sticks at all now, ive switched off the box at the mains then inserted numerous usb sticks and then rebooted but no joy. The problem is i cant load the new firmware now. Is it possible to load the showmustgoon 2 file using the rs232 and pc like the old starviews. any help please?

Not good then unless theres a loader to use from pc to stb via rs232 which hanles this firmware. dont think the old GTRom will do it.

I am not sure if there is a loader for the starview 6\7. I went to krypt after Nag3 came out, but I have done box to box flashes on older Starviews, I am not sure if that option is still in the menu on newer ones, it was S\W transfer. If it is there still, try and do a box to box flash from your mates using a NULL modem cable.

If it is,

1- Connect the two boxes with a Null modem cable.
2-Your Friends box would be the Master and would be connected to the TV.
3- Your box would be the Slave and pointed away from the remote control so it does not pick up the remotes commands.
4- Switch both boxes on.
5- Go to the S/W transfer and press OK then you should see the data copying from your friends box to yours, when complete both boxes should reboot and your box flashed.

thanks jodav, this option is there in the menu. i will give it a go next time im down my mates house. sounds very promising though, cheers again..

thanks jodav, this option is there in the menu. i will give it a go next time im down my mates house. sounds very promising though, cheers again..

You can only give it a go buddy, let us know how you get on shaunpad so we can advise others or not as the case may be Good Luck :)

Sorry for the delay, been on me jollies.
pluged null cable from a working box into my box.
both boxes switched off. switched on working box, then switched on my box.
Automaticaly the data from the good box transfers to to other box, takes about 10 mins.
then the jobs a good un. my box is up and running again..
Thanks again jodav top man.

Back