Satellite usb stick query as HDD

satboy1

Hello
ive got a H7s on its way.....but wonder can I use a 1Tb usb stick as an external hard drive...? (of course initially formatted to FAT32....)
AND

Can I flash this box (H7S) with wooshbuild.....??
I loved wooshbiuld in a H2s..so wanna use it again...!!!!

thanks guy...Satboy1

if you have a 1tb USB Stick I assume you paid a 3 figure some for it? if you paid a few quid on an auction site then I would bin it.

A 1tb USB hard drive (different to a 1tb stick) will work fine with the H7, but you might be better putting an internal hdd in it.

Hello
ive got a H7s on its way.....but wonder can I use a 1Tb usb stick as an external hard drive...? (of course initially formatted to FAT32....)
AND

Can I flash this box (H7S) with wooshbuild.....??
I loved wooshbiuld in a H2s..so wanna use it again...!!!!

thanks guy...Satboy1

Yes WB7 will work with this box

You will only need to fat32 if you want to flash from the usb stick
Hi guys... Thanks so much for the replies .. But can I ask if I can clear up if a 1 Tb USB stick could be used as external HDD .. I undetstsnd a usb drive can be used...but m hopng a 1Tb usb stick will also work.. Thanks

why could it not, its usb with storage

as long as it step up right yea it should work
if its a good brand and not a copy

Hi guys... Thanks so much for the replies .. But can I ask if I can clear up if a 1 Tb USB stick could be used as external HDD .. I undetstsnd a usb drive can be used...but m hopng a 1Tb usb stick will also work.. Thanks
A 1tb usb stick will work but they cost hundreds of pound, Hence my last posting, if you paid a few quid on ebay then it is FAKE and will NOT work. a 1tb external hard drive is about £50, and do work

i will advise to get an externally powered one as less stress on box,i have got 1tb and 2 tb and might have in a 4tb one :(y):

hi..
ok that is great help.. so its an external usb drive I need..and not a stick...i'l look in ebay and find a drive..thanks to all...
Satboy1

I personally would recommend buying from a reputable place rather than ebay, pc world, argos and ebuyer.com all have 1 tb usb external hdd around the £50 mark.

It does not need to be externally powered, it can be a portable hard drive, mostly any size, any brand - you won't pay much more than €60for a good brand name 1TB in pc world or somewhere else reputable.

i thought powering the external HDD from the zgemma had a detrimental effect on performance? - I read it on here somewhere but may have dreamed it

i thought powering the external HDD from the zgemma had a detrimental effect on performance? - I read it on here somewhere but may have dreamed it
there are one or two members that claim you must use an externally powered, there are a lot more that us USB powered without a problem, I've had my toshiba 1tb usb powered hdd for couple of years now and had no issues with it.

One of these meths that go about.

Usb powered if grand. As long as it's a good drive

People buy cheap items and then blame what the HDD is plugged in too. When the drive is the problem

Back