usb will not start on box ..tried all ways inc cmd function

darlarium

hey guys and gals,
ive had a zgemma start box for about 3 weeks now when i first received it i went onto do the file for filezilla managed to get my image off but then i couldnt connect over network after that ..so i reflashed it with open atv sice then i have tried to load images and diff builds but only 1 will flash onto my box .
When i try and flash other builds like kiddacc build or scuss build just will not power up and auto flash iver tried format the usb stick which is a tdk 8gb and even formatted through windows cmd .
but the only build it will load is woosh build that build flashes straight way where as the other images i have been trying to flash on the box just wont read the usb i even got hold of the noforce and force files and replaced them on the builds but still no joy ..
the otherthing is the guides say alter the info within the box on file zilla with one given bye person who supplied box ..well they didnt send me one and i have a file which came from root/user/keys on my box but there is about 6 files some saying example on them and uploaded them to my box and still locked ...sorry i am trying to learn as fast as i can ...
i have tried all steps in here to fix the usb problem but like i say it will fire one build and only one build

I have had the same problem., would not flash my backup image but would flash v5 with the same stick. So why bother doing backups if you can't restore if it fails to boot up after say power down. Interested in seeing what experiences other people have had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

im so glad others are having this issue ... i tried to ask on a installation thread but the person just though i didnt read there guide ..i read the guide and the guide on trouble shooting but yet wosh build is the only one that will fire up on my system ..tbh ive just placed a post on fb for anyone local who can sort the thing out lol

I can only assume there is something wrong with the image you are trying to flash. Have you tried any from the manufacturers website.

Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/

Also, is it the 2s you're trying to flash? They are really really really persnickety when flashing. Make sure you're using the rear usb port and sometimes you need to press the volume + or - button to start the flash.

Also, try using another USB stick. When you flash the box it can overwrite the boot sector of the USB meaning it will need formatting again before you can flash with it again. Deep format with PC using Disk Part as an administrator. Don't forget to activate the partition and assign a drive letter when finished formatting.

hi ,i got my box from a work mate who said that it worked through his server for last 6 months its been great but now goes off all time it has worked once 1n 5 weeks can i bypass this mate and set box up myself

@asmad yup managed to get a image on it ..had to use the deep clean on the usb as you said got a new image uplaoded and yup see what you mean about tricky ..got a line off line and it went off within 24 hours lol ive now searched a few line companys out and also seen people on here saying only go for short term ones as they stop working alot of the time :( and i found out one big reason why some images wouldnt loads they wasnt sh1 files ...shoot me now ....:( still learning but i will get there

okay update on his box issue ive looked within root.user/keys and there is alist of many many files within here not only the 4 that people show within threads should i deleate all the other files within thios location are these other files confusing my box from loading channel line ?these inculde what look liek other soft cam files for other soft cam programs have i think i may of created these files while i was in softcam manager bye the file types and names... so im woundering if ...here goes ...i should just deleate these files every last one ...then go to softcam manager and redownload the one i need which should create a new file within root/users/keys which i could then put my n line in ?

Last edited:
Anything in usr/keys can be deleted except mg_cfg. So long as you have a backup of your line.or if you still haven't got your line yet.

Go here, read the rules, request a line. Testnanfeq out. They're usually a 24 hour test. Once you find one you're happy with and a price you think is reasonable then buy it.

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-server-satellite-november-december-only.html

Not everyone is out to rip you off for a line. Some reputable sellers here. Have a read of their profile and find someone who's been a member for a while.

Oh, and,
Avoid places like eBay.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

*test a few out

Anything in usr/keys can be deleted except mg_cfg. So long as you have a backup of your line.or if you still haven't got your line yet.

Go here, read the rules, request a line. Testnanfeq out. They're usually a 24 hour test. Once you find one you're happy with and a price you think is reasonable then buy it.

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-server-satellite-november-december-only.html

Not everyone is out to rip you off for a line. Some reputable sellers here. Have a read of their profile and find someone who's been a member for a while.

Oh, and,
Avoid places like eBay.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

*test a few out
Good sound advise,also look at page 1 set out by the mods

i didnt want it to seam like i was searching for a key and yup allready found a company like one started ..humm i might have a problem ...you know the mg.cfg hummmmmmm okay just accessed my pc and checked i had removed that file but had a back up that i reloaded back onto the box would that be a problem for the box to handle ????
files i have reloaded back into root/users/keys are newcamb.cfg cccam.cfg camd cfc take it these are the corrrect files and thank you everyone for the help :) okay the mg_cfc file has just been uploaded as noticed it was missing

Last edited:
arhhh okay thank you very much ill do another remote acess and change it lol so 2 files in root/user keys and drop other into etc in root :) love his place learning alot within a short time ... okay didnt have the right file in place ...i was close but no prize i have done what has been advised so when i get home tonight ill press the blue button and try again thank you all ..and im staying on this site love the info might change user id to jonny 5 ....input input :)

im on atv so ill go into etc find the folder delete it and reinstall in same location as other two .. then put n line in place....yup found that the n line goes into that folder thank you .... :)

Last edited:
and its does say on forums if you have a question ask ... :) ..i have lots so vix and atv are programs well firmware like windows vs andriod ..if so if you load the wrong firmware onto a box that is not using that system is that how people brick them ?? hope my understanding between the two is correct ..if so does this mean that the build you can access is also limited to those type of files etc vix,atv

The images are like alike its just the makers Some things are different but not much with ATV you can do on line updates With Vix it use a patched version of the image so no online updates But is supported via zgemma TV Being Honest you do not need to update everytime a update comes out most are minor Tweaks

everything is up and running just mot receiving epg for half of the channels now lol thank you so much all hope you have a very merry christmas

Back