usernames

some people here have amusing usernames, some always make me laugh when i see them online.
Someone joined today with the username @KingyMcTechKing :grin:
What about @NucklesMcginty
@PongoVilla
@Dogmeat
@sockfish
@chickenchaser

I wish I'd spent more time choosing a username

Dogmeat was chosen from an interesting story to come out of a mining village, regarding a guy coming home unexpectedly with his mates to watch telly after a session at the pub!
I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Dogmeat was chosen from an interesting story to come out of a mining village, regarding a guy coming home unexpectedly with his mates to watch telly after a session at the pub!

As they walked into the house they were all greeted by the dog. It was the first time they had met the dog as it was new to the family and only a puppy. From that night on it was always referred to as the "Dog Meet". Over a period of time, as the story grew into something much bigger than it ever really was, someone decided to change an E to an A to give the story larger ouch factor.

Am I close?

Last edited:
I only use 2 names on forums, samsid the names of 2 dogs I owned & marty47, my middle name & number of house, boring. I did start a thread on a forum once, asking how people thought up their usernames,some really funny replies, people can be very inventive

Some great usernames on here, makes you wonder how half of them were thought up, have to say, @NucklesMcginty is a belter of a name, sounds like a character from a Dick Tracy cartoon, no offence, nuckles, maybe the next time your on you can tell us how you came up with it.

I remember years ago, in another place, some users had amusing names: Pete Zahut, Joe Keg and Lydia Dustbin amongst others

The next bit was involving his wife and the kitchen table....

and the Dog....

Last edited by a moderator:
We all use different names on forums, some very clever , some not so. It might be a laugh to say how your forum name/names came to be. I use 2 names Samsid & Marty47. Samsid is a combo of the names of 2 dogs I owned, Marty47, a nickname & the number of my house. As you can see my names & choices are run of the mill, anyone else want to explain their forum 'nicks'?

Mine is my nickname and football team I support and onanother forum I'm known as Stanley Robinson as was listening to Stan when I signed up and Robinson aint a clue for that lol

Last edited:
Back