Using RF out coax cable as satelite feed

Hello everyone , title is slightly misleading but hard to explain in a couple of words so here goes.

set up in relatives house
2 feeds from LNB to SKY+ HD box in front room
RF out coax to upstairs bedroom

I want to connect 2 x enigma2 boxes . 1 in from room and 1 in bedroom. Happy with single tuners

Can I
Disconnect both inputs from SKY+ HD box
Connect one to enigma 2 box in front room (single feed)
Connect the other LNB feed via in line connector to the coax cable currently used as the RF out feed to the bedroom and fit F connector in the bedroom and use this as the LNB feed to the enigma2 box in the bedroom

Thanks for reading

Yes you can but depending on the cable quality and the length you may have signal issues I would say try it only cost few £ for the parts and you could use Sky box upstairs for the test.

Do you only have a twin lnb which is why you are doing it this way?

You will need internet connection to each box in case you didn't know that.

Hi mortmaru
Thanks for the quick reply.

Only a short distance so hopefully signal loss should be minimal.
Only need single tuners as Mum doesn't need to record anything. It's just so she can watch upstairs as well and it will save me running a new feed from the LNB if I can just put an in line connector on.
Already use home plugs and they work great so that side of things shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

Dekmac2000

If you are getting a good picture from the RF outlet to upstairs at the moment it will work perfectly fine,just need a couple of f connectors and a coupler to join the cable and an f connector for upstairs

Hi 1554leslie

Thanks for the reply.
Picture is good via the RF outlet so I will buy the necessary couplers and F connectors and set it up

Thanks
Dekmac2000

Back