V6 Jimmy Sat Nav not working anymore

mbristol

Hello,
I have a V6 mini, purchased from Jimmy-sat-web april last year.
Everything was working fine, Sky sports non HD and BTsports in HD

However i changed my supplier 2 weeks ago, and have a Sky-q dish with a new lnb.

Then my BTsports HD wouldnt work, so i started messing around with the antenna settings.
As the V6 was off for some time and with the new lnb, i had the great idea to reset to factory settings.
I have been told doing such wiped out my subscription, hence why today i cant get either Skysport or BT working at all now. is that correct?

The Jimmy sat guy has dissapeared from the earth and dont reply.

A mate gave me a .dbs file to upload by USB to my V6, i understand this is just to set the channels properly, however i need a new subscription (call "line" in here?)

I never had any USB/file to upload before, the V6 came to me "plug and play"
Can anyone confirm all this mess or is there any chance i can save the remaining months of my line/subscription?
If i do need a subscription, any good links for me to look at?

Thanks
m.

Request a line from this thread http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-server-satellite-november-december-only.html

Be aware the test line starts from when its issued to you, not when you get it working, so if it takes you more than 24 hours to add it it won't work for example. Ask your supplier for instructions on how to add or look on here, lots of info

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 PM ----------

This thread might help you out http://www.techkings.org/openbox-sa...just-bought-box-gift-but-nothing-working.html

Good point gravehead, as when I got SkyQ installed had to tell the installer I had a freesat box that I wanted to keep using so he had to fit a hybrid LNB.

Hi,
To be honest i didnt know there was a hybrid and non hybrid version.
I didnt specify anything during the installation so i guess i had the standard one.
I have tried another LNB which turned out to give me no sky-q channels at all, so i went back to the original one.
I am not 100% sure but it looks very much like the TW7 5QD
I have then ordered another one from ebay, and check check it says it is a Hybrid 6way sky - q compatible

do you think i should try with that new 6way before anything else?

Thanks

Doesn't matter what you do---sky Q only works with a Q lnb or a hybrid---your openbox will not work with a Q type so you need to contact sky and tell them you have freesat which no longer works with the Q lnb and ask if they can supply a hybid.
Reaper.

i get you, but i am currently waiting for the LNB i have ordered from ebay, ?
Sorry i cant post any links yet, but if you type 272378429364 in the ebay search you should see the item i purchased
both sky q and freesat should work with that?
do you have any suggestion regarding the subsciption? do you think i have wiped mine by doing a factory restet?

Thanks

Yes that is the correct version but definitely not cheap.
You won't know about your code until box running so wait until all fitted .
Reaper.

yes, i couldnt find a 4 way, but doesnt matter.
ill have a go to fit it tonight or tomorrow so ill keep you posted, thanks for your help

Back