vectra c

grunshaw

hi i have a vauxhall vectra 2005 there is sometimes a cluking sound coming from under the engine is this as i have heard a flywheel problem or a case of something being loose as anybody had this problem ????

I didn't realize this was an introduction thread Dee? :eyebrow:

@grunshaw
When does this clunking sound occur? Be as descriptive as possible please.

hi i have a vauxhall vectra 2005 there is sometimes a cluking sound coming from under the engine is this as i have heard a flywheel problem or a case of something being loose as anybody had this problem ????

Its a known fault with vectras,could certainly be the flywheel,i have a vectra myself :bang head:... when in neutral and if you depress the clutch very slightly do you get the noise then? then again it could be the release bearing,but i am thinking the flywheel,if you could post alot more information on when you get this "clucking" noise,is it during a drive ? is it when the car is running in neutral ? how is the car driving in general ?

I will ask that anyone that posts in this thread well...be as specific and give as much information as possible about the car plus the problems being encountered etc

Post back with more information grunshaw and if i cant help you im sure one of the other members will :)

stone maybe caught under the splash guard of the engine after all the flooding lately ?

Back