Virgin Media Superhub 30MB/50MB/100MB [Feedback]

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
This is a thread dedicated to all the VM broadband customers who have either the 30MB, 50MB or 100MB package.

There are many people that have problems with VM's new superhub on these services, so thought it would be a good idea to get a little feedback from customers that are members here at TK.

1) When did you upgrade to one of the above services?

2) Do you get the full speed advertised for you connection or atleast 95% + ?

3) How have you found the WiFi performance on the superhub?

4) Have you added your own router to the superhub, and turned the wifi on the superhub off so it acts like a modem?

Thanks,
dan-ger-ous.

Anyone wishing to discuss, or ask questions regarding the SuperHub is free to do so..

i had 50mb droped down to 30mb service is ok the hub poor wifi conection signal keeps droping i need( help with extending the wifi range with second hub (dlink 615)

i have the 50mb pacakage and to be honest the speeds vary from 49 to 22mb and as stated above the coonection on times is appauling so in short not really happy with it !!

when i had my superhub i had problems with the wifi dropping out my mate came round vm eng he tested it and i was getting to many volts to the hub put power attenuator on it works great now but other wise very happy with the performance on 30mg

Some interesting views here, i keep reading about positive and negative feedback, and its just leaving me rocking back and forth about whether i should opt for the 30MB upgrade. Currently on the 10MB package. Its currently a busy month for me, so i think i may just go for it next month where i wont mind facing any temporary issues as long it can be tested and fixed within a week of upgrading.

I hear in june, VM will be releasing a modem only firmware, not sure how this will work, as the SuperHub itself automatically upgrades the firmware according to a thread in VM's forum.

Update: Found out its an addition too. There will be an option to go into modem only mode along with staying how it is but fixing most if not all bugs with the current R26 firmware

Last edited:
The firmware team have confirmed that we should be starting the R27 Firmware beta test within the next 3 weeks.
We're sorry it's beeen delayed from early May but we've been working to try and fix some of the firmware bugs that you've identified and this has pushed things back.
As soon as I have a more definitive date I'll post an update and hopefully open up a call for new beta testers.

Thanks

From a Forum Manager over at VM's community forum. So anytime within the next 3 weeks, the beta tests will be underway. Hopefully by the end of June [at the very latest] it should be available as an official release.

I've decided for definite this time, i'm waiting for the R27 update, then going to keep an eye on the web to see the feedback, if its good, then VM you've got me. (y)

If not, then screw yah.. lol

Back