vix build for zgemma h5.2tc

Just bought the H5.2TC. On the lookout for a patched Openxix image. If anyone could point me in the right direction of one that would be fantastic.

I dont personally see any point or benefit in uising a patched vix image on a zgemma when you have offcially supprted images such as OpenATV and various others from OE alliance member teams. Vix is basically a marketing tool for WoS to sell the brands of reciever they have in their shop...

No idea why the forum sponsor links to patched vix firmwares (the link goes nowhere at the minute, it's broken), vix team dont list Zgemma as a supported brand for their image, they have publically stated several times they dont support Zgemma recievers they consider these as "clone" reciebers..., So any Vix images floating around for Zgemma recievers are patched images from other brand recievrs that use the same or similar chipsets.
Hence why I was saying, it's better off to use Images from teams that officialy support Zgemma recivers like OpenATV and other OE-Alliance teams. At least you can post any issues or bugs/etc in the relevant forums for the teams that cerate the images. You cant do that for Vix images, try posting a bug report with a Zgemma Vix image on the official Vix team support forums and see what kind of response you get !
Of course the real reason Zgemma is not officially supported by Vix is because it's not a brand sold by they probably don't get any money or sponssorship out of it...purely commercial desicions ...nothing to do with the "clones" rumour which is untrue anyway, Zgemma reciievers are Air Digitals own designs (although in the past they have manufactured clones of other recivevers before they went legit with Zgemma).

Last edited by a moderator:
The forum sponsor linking to Vix images doesn't mean the boxes are supported by Vix, they are just a reseller of the zgemma box and if they think making it look like vix is available for zgemma's will help sales then they will do it. Zgemma.org is the manufacturers site and vix is not listed there (at the moment) as an official image.

Openvix will never support zgemma officially as they would just be shooting them selves in the foot.

So why did Sicilian say that they were going to support certain new generation models?

Just to clarify, the post was relating to someone saying that ViX don't support Zgemma receivers.

I've always thought vix wasn't supported on zgemma boxes with it been a patched I'm but I'm going on what my c/s supplier told me a couple of year ago as I wanted to try it on my h2s

So why did Sicilian say that they were going to support certain new generation models?

Just to clarify, the post was relating to someone saying that ViX don't support Zgemma receivers.
Why did he not mention zgemma by name,Makes me think twice as sicilian has always said they would never support them.May be wrong mind willo.

Last edited:
Why did he not mention zgemma by name,Makes me think twice as sicilian (steff) has always said they would never support them.May be wrong mind willo.

I can't post the link obviously but the first post was from a new member who said he had been using a Zgemma H2S for a few years.
Second post was from a member saying they're not supported by ViX and then the post from Sicilian saying that they will be supporting certain newer generation boxes.

I will be over the moon to get a proper ViX image for the H7 :) :(y):

Had an update from the boss man and still testing being done on the newer generation zgemma boxes so no confirmation on openvix giving support for them as yet but it may well happen in the near future.

The original Zgemma's were clones. That is when the decision was made not to support them on the ViX forum. You can't really say to a manufacturer, please fix bug in your drivers, by the way we will be aiding the counterfeiters of your receiver.

Anyway, they have moved on. They have their own driver teams and seem to be pretty quick at fixing things.

The original Zgemma's were clones. That is when the decision was made not to support them on the ViX forum. You can't really say to a manufacturer, please fix bug in your drivers, by the way we will be aiding the counterfeiters of your receiver.

Anyway, they have moved on. They have their own driver teams and seem to be pretty quick at fixing things.
So why the decision now to start testing and looking to support the newer boxes then abu.

Back