VIX OR IPAB - OPINIONS PLEASE!

eits1000

Hi guys,

New supplier says I should reflash using Ipab, then I can easily get epg and bouquets... Been on Vix for years without issue. My question is, is Ipab worth switching to, is it very similar in functionality and would you recommend using this image?

Thanks for any advice!

VIX is not an image, it is an operating system - IPab is an image that has all the addons that Pablo wanted to add in.
I have taken a turn against Ipab in the recent weeks, as he seems to want to only allow his people to buy specific suppliers of IPTV, Sat, Cable, etc.
you cannot just go out and find a supplier, then add it, he seems to have a block on it.
He also came on here with all the bells and whistles, all singing and dancing - Now he doesn't answer any wuestions on his build, he leaves them to all the other members around here, he has been on, but just lurking ( I don't know if he is selling by PM, if he is, that is all he is around here for). He seems to be just about the money (not that there is anything wrong with that in itself), and bans people from his facebook page and website for asking questions.

If your supplier can only work with IPab image, I, personally would change, If it was just a trial, then you are in luck.

That is my tuppence worth, and just my opinion.

I used Vix previously for CS but since I started using IPTV, I've always used iPab and never found any problems with it. Seems to work fine with IPTV.

I use vix for iptv find it works fine with iptv and can do software updates without worrying about it. best for you would be make a backup of what u have now on vix and then try ipab out if you don't like it then go back to vix.

TBH I use ipab on a lot of boxes but it is mainly due to my suppliers being supported by that image.My supplier used to give me a script and then he moved to ipab so I just went with it. I just enter username and password and it sets up the bouquets which I find much easier than trying to explain to people how to install a script and getting it to update and my supplier also has his epg listed in epg importer which is easy to setup .I do however totally agree with what Wheelo is saying about the ipab support forum,it does not give any support and they should support all IPTV providers not just the chosen few , maybe that will change in the future . I've never used the ipad forum, I joined TK when I first got into sat and everything I know now is thank's to the guru's that are on TK so this is still my no1 forum and I try to help out where I can.

Last edited:
people know my views on ipab, hes all for the money, iptv keeps changing to suit him ,any one that tries to help a question thats not related to ipleb gets removed and blocked, states its a FTA image only but is in bed with a iptv supplier, list goes on and on, get openatv on it and learn how to add what ever you want, latest suls plugin is now in the plug in list to download and also has service app if you need it, but some people must like ipleb as he states over 30000 people have downloaded it, so must be using it lol

In my opinion, I prefer wooshbuild over ipab. Ipab is fairly easy to set up but prefer wooshbuild. Just add different skins,picons, etc from the plugins. As for adding iptv, I added bouquet maker which uses suls script and all done. I got turned off ipab after seeing some off the comments from admin to users, seemed very arrogant and condensending. On here the likes of Chabs, wooshman and others came across as decent and helpful.

iPab is more for people that aren't familiarised with engima2 and might need some help in putting there line on and everything, but if you really wanna learn starting use the base images like openvix, then openatv.

Hope this is not a silly question but if you ipab your zgemma then you don't have an stb but an iptv box?

No, regardless of what build or image you put onto a ZGemma, it is still a sat/cable box that is capable of running IPTV, not a dedicated IPTV box.......it's not a silly question (assuming I have understood what you were asking) :)

Thanks for prompt reply, so if I did the ipab flash then I just need to Reascan Sat channels again for Sat viewing ?

Yes, it's basically just a different build. Never liked IPab personally, always used WB or OpenVix which I use now, it's all personal preference.

Back