VM Cable Queries

BeardedKing

Hey All,

I'm hoping to move from Sat to VM cable within the coming weeks however I have a few questions which I hope you lovely people can answer :)

1) I have a single line coming into the house which is currently running into my router. What splitter will I need to get?

2) I will be getting an DVB -C FBC box (Vu+ Uno 4k) so am I right in saying that I will only need 1 single line running into the back of the box to be able to view and record simultaneously.

3) Is Sky Movies, Sky Sports, BT Sports, RTE, BBC etc all in HD??

4) How do I go about setting up VM (On Sat you copy a file to keys then your softcam picks it up). Is it similar to Sat??

Thanks all :)

Question 3 yes
Question 4 filezilla to connect to box usr/keys paste it into that save reboot box that's for my h2h,vids on youtube thx

Question 3 yes
Question 4 filezilla to connect to box usr/keys paste it into that save reboot box that's for my h2h,vids on youtube thx
3) HD is really important. Sick of watching sport in SD so that's awesome VM is in HD

4) Yeah so it's the same as Sat which is grand :)

Thanks for your help

Q1 Cable splitters are 5-1000 Mhz, however I have always used Konig 5-2400 Mhz
and never had any issues, they are supposed to be sat splitters, they just have a bigger range.

Q2 As far as I know FBC tuners need one input but allows you to record up to eight channels.

Q3 RTE is an Irish channel so you will need an Irish server not a UK server. All HD channels work on cable.

Q4 Setting up a line is the same for sat and cable.

and never had any issues, they are supposed to be sat splitters, they just have a bigger range.

Q2 As far as I know FBC tuners need one input but allows you to record up to eight channels.

Q3 RTE is an Irish channel so you will need an Irish server not a UK server. All HD channels work on cable.

Hi bees can you have two h2h boxes one upstairs one downstairs via one line only using splitters as I tried this and the one upstairs sempt to be mashing up pausing thought there wasn't enough power through cable line thx

Hi,

Check with your server to see if he allows multi room
I can run two single tuners or one twin tuner if I'm recording and viewing at the same time.

Also, try using the box upstairs with the other switched off.

Press ok twice on the remote it should give you a signal strength reading.

Also if it's using WiFi that could be another cause and you may need homeplugs for the internet.

sky atlantic sd is gone on 28.2 but the +1 still clears.
if using a nline for sat get a nline for cable then same cam is used for both.

FYI lads, Cable in Ireland does not include the likes of BT Sports or Eir Sports since VM don't broadcast it in Ireland, they dropped it last year due to contract disagreement with BT and Eir. The Op is in Ireland

FYI lads, Cable in Ireland does not include the likes of BT Sports or Eir Sports since VM don't broadcast it in Ireland, they dropped it last year due to contract disagreement with BT and Eir. The Op is in Ireland

Hold on what!!!!!!! So no BT Sports?????????????? Ah now that's after ruining all my plans :(

BT and Eir can only be got on Satellite or IPTV in Ireland. IPTV works well but functionality/interface for an Enigma2 box is not as good as Sat or Cable. There is a slight delay, depends on provider but probably close to 1 minute.

BT and Eir can only be got on Satellite or IPTV in Ireland. IPTV works well but functionality/interface for an Enigma2 box is not as good as Sat or Cable. There is a slight delay, depends on provider but probably close to 1 minute.

Right thanks for clearing that up.

I think my only option is to get Sky & VM. Use VM for everything but use Sky soley for BT Sports & Eir Sports.

How annoying is that ha

Won't be annoying at all mate, have the same set up for a mate and it's the best of both worlds. You're box just needs to have a cable and satellite tuner along with the feeds for both

Won't be annoying at all mate, have the same set up for a mate and it's the best of both worlds. You're box just needs to have a cable and satellite tuner along with the feeds for both

Yeah suppose you're right. I wanted to get the VU+ Uno 4K but now I can't :(

Back